Author Topic: SGK or other  (Read 3219 times)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
SGK or other
« on: June 15, 2015, 07:57:26 AM »
Can someone tell me please re the SGK health insurance needed if you take out residency does it have to be this or can you arrange your own policy and ŵoukd an English one suffice? Thanks in advance sorry I do t have the time to search on here I just want someone to tell me if I could do this...

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
Re: SGK or other
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2015, 08:31:24 AM »
You can arrange your own Turkish policy, check the wording as most don't cover serious illnesses such as cancer in the first year, many people been caught out...

And it has to be for in and out patients to satisfy the criteria. Policy prices depend on age and are dearer for women.
Sgk is 288tl for a married couple per month, and requires a medical at the Devlet.

For a 6 months residency they're accepting UK travel policies, but not for longer than 6 months.

Offline WordBird

• What's the worst that could happen?
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2015, 08:44:10 AM »
Wot kayakebab said.....plus make sure that your policy is worth the paper it's written on.
Seen so many posts elsewhere from people who took the 'cheap' option just to satisfy residency requirements and then couldn't claim a single kuruş when they needed it.

Offline jackstee

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2015, 10:17:22 AM »
Got a policy on Saturday and it cost 2,310 TL.
It covers up to 23,000 of treatment.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2015, 09:43:09 AM »
Brilliant thsnks all thst replied thst I interesting Linda re the travel policy for 6 months I think I will explore thst avenue first...

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2015, 11:43:08 AM »
Be sure and check the T&C's of the travel policy - often they have a limit on the amount of time (usually 30 or 31 days) per trip.  You may get away with it for the RP, but if you had to make a claim...

JF

Offline jsp51

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2015, 13:23:34 PM »
Wot kayakebab said.....plus make sure that your policy is worth the paper it's written on.
Seen so many posts elsewhere from people who took the 'cheap' option just to satisfy residency requirements and then couldn't claim a single kuruş when they needed it.
Wordbird again you mention other posts regarding the "cheap option" can you tell me where you saw these posts as this type of insurance would suit me as I have adequate travel insurance for my stay and would gladly use one of these dodgey ones.

Offline WordBird

• What's the worst that could happen?
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2015, 10:57:59 AM »
I can't give specifics I'm afraid - I'm referring to posts by other people on Facebook who have lamented choosing cheap policies that simply satisfy RP requirements but which will not pay out for a year/have very low claim amounts etc.

We went straight to an insurance agent who was highly recommended and who found us exactly what we needed - so I'm afraid I can't help with details on others. That said, I didn't consider our policy expensive - for three of us it cost less than we had been quoted in the UK for Mr WB alone!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf