Author Topic: First tomato  (Read 2051 times)

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
First tomato
« on: July 02, 2015, 12:23:35 PM »
 Just picked my first tomato of the season, the first cucumber is nearly ready for the chop, and the peppers are well on the way.

The gardens looking great and the Sun is shining. Looks like another good season.      :)

Offline WordBird

• What's the worst that could happen?
Re: First tomato
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2015, 08:20:09 AM »
Not just me that gets excited about this then?!

We had a glut of cucumbers earlier although these have died off now pretty much, possibly due to my over-watering them.  :-\

My dill, mint and basil has gone nuts and we're currently eating a lot of melon, aubergine and peppers.
Mr WB has discovered that what he thought were long peppers are in fact rather hot chillis...  ;D ;D ;D

Watermelon coming along nicely and I've spotted a couple of pumpkins....but although our tomatoes are healthy and well-sized, they are staying resolutely green for now!!

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
Re: First tomato
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2015, 10:25:21 AM »

We get a lot of pleasure from the gardening and the local bird population. One of the Robins landed on the wife's

shoulder the other day and stayed there for a couple of minutes, they're usually round her feet.

It's great that you're growing so much of your own stuff Wordbird. Smiled at your hubbies discovery       :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf