Author Topic: Dost Beach Hotel Turkish night  (Read 4772 times)

Offline villain

• The most unpopular poster in the village
Dost Beach Hotel Turkish night
« on: August 31, 2015, 08:45:01 AM »
This has to be my revelation of our holiday this year. Usually,  a Turkish night with buffet,  belly dancing etc. Is enough to send me sprinting in the opposite direction, but we were persuaded to go by friends.

God knows I must have walked past the place at least 50 times previously without giving the place a second thought.

However I was surprised to see the number of Turkish people in attendance. This was obviously a good sign as the food was quite brilliant. Lots of Turkish dishes that I'm afraid I just don't know the name off kaspar from melt in your mouth stuffed vine leaves and stuffed peppers), very veggie-friendly (tick!),  meat-eaters were more than happy too and yegads was it CHEAP! Just 25 tl a head for the food,  currently just over a fiver. I must admit though that we stupidly sat in front of the loudspeaker,  so when the musician started, I'm afraid we made our excuses and left. Happily this meant I avoided being dragged off to be made to look a fool dancing with some bloke in a dress (again).

I've spotted 3 hotels with the Dost name. This is the one just off the front next to Seaside apartments, not far from Guven' s.

Worst thing is my teenage daughter does not have anything like exotic tastes and refuses to go back. Bah!

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
Dost Beach Hotel Turkish night
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 08:50:48 AM »
Is this by Anna Garden on the water park road? Was it Friday night?

Sorry, ignore that, just saw further down your post.
There was a horrendous racket coming from the Dost / Anna Garden area on Friday, musician would have been a huge exaggeration!

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: Dost Beach Hotel Turkish night
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 09:19:31 AM »
I would really love to watch a real belly dancer.  However, that would seem impossible as a belly dancer in the Calis/Fethiye area means a woman who dances for a while and then drags men up onto the dance floor makes then strip off to the waist and dance around with her.  So, basically entertainment to make men look stupid.  I wonder when all this started?   
We both would run a mile if we thought there was going to be a belly dancer on any venue we decided to visit.  We saw one show 10 years ago, we fully expected to see just belly dancing, what we saw was excruciately embarassing.  i] :-[ :o :(

Offline villain

• The most unpopular poster in the village
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 09:51:03 AM »
I really glad to get away before most of the so-called entertainment, but the food really was good.

They also do delivery pides too at about 10 tl a shot,  although they weren't that great most likely because of having been sweating in a polystyrene box for a few minutes.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2015, 22:04:37 PM »
"However, that would seem impossible as a belly dancer in the Calis/Fethiye area means a woman who dances for a while and then drags men up onto the dance floor makes then strip off to the waist and dance around with her.  So, basically entertainment to make men look stupid. 
....what we saw was excruciatingly embarrassing.  i] :-[ :o :("

Oh I don't know Jacqui - it can be quite enjoyable

;) :-[

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2015, 23:15:01 PM »
Sorry H,  I find it embarasing and sad. 

Offline CleopatrasAsp

• Irish by birth, Geordie by marriage!
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2015, 00:05:12 AM »
To be fair, because hubby has physical issues, a quiet word in the proprietors ear has always meant he has not been bothered by belly dancers and has been able to enjoy the fun without undue hassle.  If it's really an issue all one has to do is be firm and say NO!!! Most chaps I've seen have been good sports and gone along with it.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2015, 00:17:19 AM »
Bellydancers have always gone down well with CBF members (except me) at CBF parties

Bit small, but one point for each member recognised  :)

Offline Phil

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2015, 10:11:24 AM »
Well the only person I recognise is myself !

Offline Lotty

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2015, 16:44:27 PM »
 I don't know anyone but it would be nice to know who everyone is?  :D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf