Author Topic: Stil Lightiing.  (Read 9855 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: Stil Lightiing.
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2015, 09:57:36 AM »
What has slimline tonic got to do with Stil Lighting topic...you started it, not me. 

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2015, 10:00:05 AM »
I think it is totally relevent if you have seen the shop.   As you and I mistook George's post.   The shop is special and has a great selection of lighting on three floors.  So, as I have seen it and you have not, you cannot make a judgement .  I have been in the shop which made me surprise at Georges comment, which, of course, was not a comment about the shop. 
As an adminstrator for this Forum. I think it is your job to administrate, just las the really nice Steve does and stop beng so rude to members, if you want to keep members and ultimately your job.

Truth be told, I didn't pay much attention to Georges post, it was your response that came over as a bit demeaning - as I said before, the "specialness" of the shop is irrelevant.

I do administrate, i.e. I fix things when they break and I agree, Steve is really nice.  In fact he's so nice, sometimes I just want to give him a big man hug.  Not sure he'd let me though.

Unless it's deserved, for offences such as trolling or being a complete online dick etc, I don't waste time by being rude to members (I make an exception for KKOB though).  That said, if someone wants to find offence, I'm sure they'll find it - the odd one or two on here are good at that, especially if someone disagrees with their viewpoint.

I really don't think the odd person I pi$$ off is going to affect the membership of CBF, in fact given the challenging times for online forums with the rise in social media its doing pretty well, all things considered. 

On the basis that I still haven't received my P60 for last year, if I do get sacked then I'm heading right for a tribunal - might not get far with the case though, as I've been trying to get my jotters since circa 2009.

JF

Offline fernando torres

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2015, 10:37:37 AM »
Jacqui ,I have sent you a private message

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2015, 12:16:23 PM »
I don't waste time by being rude to members (I make an exception for KKOB though).

It's so good to know that you find me exceptional.  :)

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2015, 13:23:44 PM »
Exceptionally exceptional. 

JF

Offline lagoon lover

• Newly Registered
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2015, 19:28:53 PM »
Don't worry.  I am enjoying my Rum and slimline Coke.... How are you doing now you are back in Spain? are you missing Chelsea, no, don't mention them, must have been a mistake to leave Liverpool, Fernando...   ;)

Jacqui, I trust you are aware that this is not actually Fernando Torres, but simply a username. Maybe you should take it easy on the Rum & 'Slimline' Coke  ;D

Offline Lotty

« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2015, 19:32:27 PM »
I think it was just a joke.

Offline lagoon lover

• Newly Registered
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2015, 19:39:23 PM »
As was my response. Sheesh!

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2015, 20:43:56 PM »

Offline Hamlet

« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2015, 08:33:09 AM »
Are jokes & humour still allowed on here then?

After reading this thread, it appears doubtful.

Back on topic: we bought an LED light fitting from there in January, about 6 weeks later we had a thunderstorm and our electrics shorted out, blowing the transformer in this fitting.

After trolling all the electrical retailers for a transformer I went back to the lighting shop, they replaced the transformer with one from another fitting then found the LED circuit was damaged so gave me a complete replacement fitting & with a smile said "Warranty"

Excellent customer service attitude.
Will recommend & use them again.  8)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf