Author Topic: Our recent experience - Part 2  (Read 4350 times)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Our recent experience - Part 2
« on: September 24, 2015, 19:46:51 PM »
I will wrap up the whole sorry saga in the original thread but I wanted to keep this aspect separate.

Brenda and I have so many people to thank.

First and foremost, Martha McGinn with whom we were staying at her lovely apartment.

Martha went to Esnaf with me the day after Brenda was admitted and spent two hours with us. She also wined and dined us when we are unable to go out, attended to Brenda’s needs including providing ice blocks, showed me where the nearest chemist was for pain killers and took me to a Medical centre where we were able to purchase a knee restraint which has undoubtedly help Brenda no end.
It was indeed a blessing that were staying with Martha because Brenda was far more comfortable than had we had confined to a hotel room. 
Also to the kind gentleman on Martha’s complex who give us the use of his wheelchair for over a week.

Secondly, Sukru Budak better known as Sugar. Sukru was kind enough to take us to Esnaf when it became apparent that Brenda would need hospital treatment. He was with us within 20 minutes of your request and stayed at the hospital until Brenda was settled or as settled as she could be given the circumstances. Having him there and being able to translate for us was invaluable. He is a true friend. (PS - I am not sure I can forgive him the beetroot juice incident mind you).

Thirdly, to members of the wonderful CBF who publically and privately offered unreserved help with transport and anything else we may have need. And thanks for all the advice and questions answered on the Forum. It was very kind of you all.

And lastly to Brenda, who despite obviously being in a great deal of pain and being sick with worry tried her damnest not to let the horrible incident affect my holiday.

My very grateful thanks to all of the above and the others I should have included.

Offline Lotty

Re: Our recent experience - Part 2
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2015, 20:07:25 PM »
It's often surprising but always uplifting to find that there are so many truly kind people around you in times of need such as this. I know it's not over yet for Brenda but you are home after what must have been a stressful time for you both. Thank goodness that despite all this and with thanks to wonderful friends, you had a good holiday. (Never to be forgotten I imagine!)  :)xx

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2015, 21:38:12 PM »
Keep us up to date on how Brenda is getting on please John.

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2015, 21:47:25 PM »
Lovely post John. xxxxx

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2015, 21:54:55 PM »
Glad your home safe and sound John
Tell Brenda we are wishing her well

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2015, 22:21:46 PM »
Big thumbs up to Glasgow Airport staff who were as helpful as their Health and Safety Rules would allow.

Other than the fellow who took Brenda from our Hotel to the bus, other than from where the Health and Safety Rules dictated.

"People make Glasgow" was true today.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2015, 22:36:18 PM »
"People make Glasgow" was true today.

As it is nearly all of the time.

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2015, 22:42:22 PM »
Glad you're home safe and sound and had lots of kindness.
There really are some lovely people here. Love to both.

Offline marina

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2015, 23:11:27 PM »
Really pleased to hear you are home safe and sound now after your ordeal. Hope Brenda gets the treatment she needs and makes a full recovery. 

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2015, 09:22:40 AM »
I bet its a big relief to you both to be home safely.  Lets hope Brenda gets the treatment she needs, there is still a lot to be said for our National Health Service, with the added benefit of being able to speak the same language (well most of the time).x

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf