Author Topic: Rental costs  (Read 4468 times)

Offline BernieTeyze

Rental costs
« on: July 01, 2016, 08:53:11 AM »
Hello
Please can anyone give me an idea of what long term  rental costs would be for a 2./3 Bed villa with private pool. Also without a pool.
As first time renters it is all new. Most of the ones we have seen are tourist prices.
Many thanks

Offline BernieTeyze

Re: Rental costs
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2016, 11:47:02 AM »
Wow, what a big fat shock that was..asked around and a modest 2/3bed villa with pool is nearly 8k a year..30,000TL. I was so misinformed with my budget of 12-1500 a month :  :). Did everyone in Turkey get a pay rise or something??? :o :o :o
Back to the drawing board.. :-[ :-\ :'(

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2016, 13:17:14 PM »
Did everyone in Turkey get a pay rise or something?

No, but because you're a Yabanci, they think you have because of the way the exchange rate has gone in recent years.

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2016, 13:42:13 PM »
So how much should a small villa be to rent long term.?

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2016, 13:52:51 PM »
You're unlikely to sort something out at a decent price from the UK.  You need to do the rounds of the estate agents and drive about looking for the "kiralik" signs on property - and once you find somewhere, begin haggling.  A lot of prices online are just starting points, what the owner would "like" to get, but many are realistic enough to know they'll have to come down if someone is seriously interested.  Saying that, there'll always be some who'd rather it lay empty than drop their price...

JF

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2016, 14:01:14 PM »
You should be looking at around 900 to 1200 without pool. 12 - 1500 with.
Of course it will depend on area, communal garden, unfurnished etc.
Autumn onwards is a better time to look as theyre more interested in summer lets and higher prices right now. 
Theyre getting few & far between with a lot of expats sellling and then renting which has pushed prices up a lot.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2016, 14:18:16 PM »
You may have more success if you look around the Karaculha, Esen, Catalarik areas , or even as far out as the Inlice and Kemer ( Fethiye not Antalya ) areas, rather than the "touristic" ones.

But as JohnF says, you'll be far better off actually being on the ground and able to visit the properties as soon as they become available.

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2016, 14:27:51 PM »
I wouldn't mind an unfurnished one, just need a long term let.  A small private Villa.
Thanks for advice will look in the Autumn.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2016, 16:04:03 PM »
Try some of the local Estate Agents, they rent out property.  So Cenk at Interturk Estates and Also Ali Tekin at Right Buy Turkey.    They both have websites and you can also email them in case they have new property in that are not on the websites.

Offline LeeGlo

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2016, 16:43:15 PM »
Try Palmiye Estate agents, they have an office opposite the BP Garage (by the new little marina). Ozzi speaks English and they are pretty good, we rented through them for a couple of years. Unfortunately rents have increased quite a bit, we were paying 1,100 TL for a 4 bed triple villa (furnished but rather old fashioned) no pool, until Nov last year. Also look on Sahibinden.com, good luck with your search, as other say you are better looking when you are here as anything worthwhile goes very fast.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf