Author Topic: Easy jet flight to Manchester today rescheduled  (Read 3030 times)

Offline lynnj

Easy jet flight to Manchester today rescheduled
« on: October 16, 2016, 13:44:04 PM »
Just found out by chance. .no e mail yet from easy jet .that flight to Manchester 11.20 tonight now estimated to depart 2pm tomorrow. .in case this affects others

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
Re: Easy jet flight to Manchester today rescheduled
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2016, 20:36:32 PM »
Thats awful!
Thanks for the warning, will be watching ours closely.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2016, 20:57:38 PM »
Showing as  "Cancelled" now  :o :o :o

From Easyjet:

Updated 10 hours ago by easyJet Operations Control
We are extremely sorry your flight has been overnight delayed this is due to operational reasons. Our airport staff will be arranging hotels and transport for those that may need them. Your new flight number is EZY9944 and will depart tomorrow at 14:05 local time. We advise all customers to arrive at the airport 2 hours prior to your new departure time for check-in and bag drop.  We recommend checking flight tracker for any further updates and visiting this link for more information on your entitlements. We apologise for the inconvenience this will cause to you and your travel arrangements.

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2016, 22:03:08 PM »
A total disgrace.

Offline lynnj

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2016, 15:03:31 PM »
When we eventually boarded a day late we were advised that the delay was due to adverse weather conditions in Montenegro - the plane's previous destination - so it had to divert elsewhere- and then the staff had been away from home too long to make the return journey - so no plane to travel to Dalaman. 

It took 15 hours to find a "spare" plane to travel to Dalaman.

The flight crew (who had apparently been brought in specially for the flight) were lovely and leaflets were available at the check in desk telling us about our rights in case of delay; however the cabin crew must have said at least 10 times that the delay was caused by adverse weather conditions (this being one of the situations in which an airline is not obliged to pay 600 euros compensation per person).

Presumably this was an attempt to minimise the number of clients claiming compensation,and clients gossiping about compensation on the flight, although personally I don't see how they can wriggle out of this, as the adverse weather was elsewhere and if EasyJet could find a spare plane 15 hours later why could they not find one sooner?

We will be submitting our compensation claims and I will let everyone know the outcome in due course

Offline Jack13

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2016, 22:26:45 PM »
currently having an issue with a tc flight back from glasgow. flight cancelled  without any notification. put me on a flight the next day. thanks tc. will keep you notified.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2016, 09:29:56 AM »
if EasyJet could find a spare plane 15 hours later why could they not find one sooner?

Like most airlines, rail and transport companies, there's no profit in having spare equipment and crew sitting around "just in case".

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf