Author Topic: Britain to implement the same Electronic Ban on Flights as U.S.A.  (Read 29597 times)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Britain to implement the same Electronic Ban on Flights as U.S.A.
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2017, 19:54:10 PM »
>:( A right pain in the proverbials for those of us who travel with hand baggage only!

Didn't think of that. Bugger! Won't affect us in that way but I understand your pain!

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2017, 20:40:24 PM »
I could never travel with just hand luggage.  I have thought of it, but no way could I manage.  We have 40 kilos between us that is 10 for Phil and 30 for me and we have a Villa in Calis.

Offline Ian_and_Sian

• Newly Registered
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2017, 21:00:11 PM »
 ;D

We're the opposite, Jacqui!

Couldn't imagine travelling with cases. Roll up to the airport, no queuing at the check in desks, then out the other end, straight past the baggage carousels, out the airport and away.

Mind you, we do have the strangest hand baggage going out - it's primarily empty, sealable plastic containers...

...mind you, coming back, they're not empty but full of fresh produce from the Sunday market!

Just hope that the goverment don't decide that sivri biber are a risk and that they have to go in the hold too - if they do, I'm selling up!!

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2017, 22:28:05 PM »
;D

We're the opposite, Jacqui!

Couldn't imagine travelling with cases. Roll up to the airport, no queuing at the check in desks, then out the other end, straight past the baggage carousels, out the airport and away.

Mind you, we do have the strangest hand baggage going out - it's primarily empty, sealable plastic containers...

...mind you, coming back, they're not empty but full of fresh produce from the Sunday market!

Just hope that the goverment don't decide that sivri biber are a risk and that they have to go in the hold too - if they do, I'm selling up!!

I don't mind waiting at the check in going out, in fact, it a breeze from Glasgow, no queues. as for the other end in Turkey, we have to queue to get out and the luggage on the carousel is always very quick.  No problem.   I need my clothes and my shoes.  Often, we bring something over for the house.  Last time a four slice toaster (in Phil's case). 

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2017, 23:05:27 PM »
Jacqui you must be flying from a different Glasgow airport and to different Dalaman airport than us. :( :( :(

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2017, 23:06:30 PM »
The Telegraph are just flagging up Istanbul Airport in their map, so, perhaps the other Turkish Airports will not be affected.?
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03/21/exclusive-britain-poised-follow-us-ban-laptops-ipads-flights/

@stoopo Hi, yes Dalaman is affected. You can read full details here blog.monarch.co.uk/uk-security-me… Thanks ^GH

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2017, 23:21:31 PM »
Jacqui you must be flying from a different Glasgow airport and to different Dalaman airport than us. :( :( :(

No, Glasgow was really good, walked down to a hall at end of the airport, straight in and up to the counter, no queues.  Done this twice in the last couple of years.  Dalaman, by the time you get though Customs/Security and go down the escalator the suitcases are usually starting to arrive.  No problems for us.  Anyway John, the staff at the Airport know who I am....  ;) ;D :o 8)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2017, 23:22:41 PM »
I discovered a new iphone when I bought a x1.5 pair of reading glasses at Home Bargains. I didn't think I had any eyesight problems till I tried a pair when my eyes were tired and the writing looked a bit blurry. I made it into an Ipad mini sort of  ;)

Forget iPads, iphones with Home Bargains £1.50 glasses are the way forward on Turkey flights :D

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2017, 23:23:59 PM »

Leave it John, at least Jacqui has managed to try further afield than ABZ at last  ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf