Author Topic: Registering with Local Authorities  (Read 5950 times)

Offline Daley6522

Registering with Local Authorities
« on: June 06, 2017, 11:35:37 AM »
Hi All,

Not new to the forum but don't post a lot just view the wonderful array of information, however now I need your Calis information as requested by my renter.

I am arriving in Calis for my 6th time including last year and love the place, I've received an email from my villa renter stating that from June I need to comply with new security measures implemented and because I'm not staying in an hotel and a short term renter(2 weeks) then we need to register our details with the local authority. Iv'e also been told that the sites property manager would take care of this for a £50 fee. Just wondered if their is a lower/no cost way of doing this as this seems excessive.

Thanks in advance

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Registering with Local Authorities
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 11:38:49 AM »
I've received an email from my villa renter stating that from June I need to comply with new security measures implemented

Well, they're wrong.  It's them who has to comply with the new regulations, not you.  It is also their responsibility to register your details, not yours.

Sounds like they're trying to pull a fast one - firstly by telling you that you have to comply and secondly by passing the charge directly to you.

Tell'em to sod off and find somewhere else where the owner has a bit more integrity.

JF

Offline strange

• Newly Registered
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 11:41:37 AM »
JohnF, I was just typing the same response as you when I saw yours come up.
Mind you, part of me wishes I'd thought of 'stinging' my renters for £50 a time.

Offline Daley6522

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 11:47:56 AM »
I've received an email from my villa renter stating that from June I need to comply with new security measures implemented

Well, they're wrong.  It's them who has to comply with the new regulations, not you.  It is also their responsibility to register your details, not yours.

Sounds like they're trying to pull a fast one - firstly by telling you that you have to comply and secondly by passing the charge directly to you.

Tell'em to sod off and find somewhere else where the owner has a bit more integrity.

JF

Hi John,

Thanks for your swift response, the dilemma I have is we got the villa for a steal really compared to last year in blue green(which was horrendous BTW) so changing accommodation is a no brainer really. The renter has obviously gone through a reputable site and therefore I presume wouldn't be able to cancel us out of the villa without good reason. Could I contact the local authority direct to get information, that I could refer to in replying to them. just a little worried as this accommodation was more than £1000 less than others, don't want to say too much as could cause problems with prying eyes etc

Cheers

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2017, 11:55:07 AM »
If it sounds too good a deal to be true, then...  hope you're paying by credit card.

The new regulations have been discussed ad nauseam on here, have a read through these topics if you want:

http://www.calis-beach.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=62801.0

http://www.calis-beach.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=63247.0

http://www.calis-beach.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=61958.0

They'll give you an idea of responsibilities etc.

JF

Offline Daley6522

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2017, 12:13:44 PM »
Cheers John,

Yes credit card all the way, there was literally a fluctuation between two different rental sites of £900, however I've stopped in these residence before several times all be it a different villa, the owner better not be pulling a fast one...in the words of liam neeson....I will look for you, I will find you and I will >>>> you   :)

Offline Daley6522

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2017, 13:18:49 PM »
If it sounds too good a deal to be true, then...  hope you're paying by credit card.

The new regulations have been discussed ad nauseam on here, have a read through these topics if you want:

http://www.calis-beach.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=62801.0

http://www.calis-beach.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=63247.0

http://www.calis-beach.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=61958.0

They'll give you an idea of responsibilities etc.

JF

Hi John,

Thanks for your help

Has this already come into fruition or is it due to start in June

Regards

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2017, 13:56:17 PM »
The regulations are current, as far as I'm aware.

JF

Offline Daley6522

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2017, 17:36:13 PM »
The regulations are current, as far as I'm aware.

JF

Thanks John,

Just one more thing, when I read the other discussions you posted for my information, it suggests the software is simple and therefore unjustifiable to charge for this, which is basically forwarding our documentation, I just want as much information as possible to strengthen my argument, to nullify the fee requested.

Regards

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2017, 17:56:46 PM »
It's not as simple as that, unfortunately. 

It depends on how your villa owner is set up - it sounds like they're using a local agent who will be adding your details to the Polis database, which is perfectly acceptable.  However, charging over 400tl is not acceptable.  For example, Yellali do this service for 600tl for the whole season (no idea how good they are at it by the way!), others do it for 230tl per month including accountants fees (for the tax side of things).  Never come across someone wanting over 400tl just to do one booking.

Sounds like someone is making a lot of money for little effort, and it also just crossed my mind that it may not be entirely legal to do it this way, i.e. charging guests a fee directly to be entered on the Polis system.  Inspector may be able to shed more light on that aspect.

JF

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf