Author Topic: Bikes  (Read 4702 times)

Offline Rayza

Bikes
« on: July 15, 2017, 14:50:54 PM »
We are looking to buy a couple of adult bikes,when we are out in a couple of weeks time. Can anyone recommend a decent cycle shop in Calis or  Fethiye. Any advice much appreciated. ????

Offline pompeylee

• Newly Registered
Re: Bikes
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2017, 16:42:20 PM »
Hi rayza, we got ours (second hand but he has new also) from Ali on baros Manco just past Aydin pide if you're coming from the beach, has repaired a puncture & general teething problems since we bought for very little (5tl 10tl)

https://www.facebook.com/ali.orhon.5

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2017, 20:36:17 PM »
Does Ali fit baskets onto bikes at this shop does anyone know please? Thsnks

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2017, 20:56:17 PM »
Does Ali fit baskets onto bikes at this shop does anyone know please? Thsnks
Yes he does Karen, he's brilliant with anything to do with bikes!

Offline chris35

• Newly Registered
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2017, 22:23:24 PM »
You could always try Migros and Kipa. They normally have a selection outside.

Offline pompeylee

• Newly Registered
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2017, 06:24:05 AM »
Yes Migros or Kipa good shout as they sometimes have offers on bikes.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2017, 07:58:06 AM »
Our neighbours always used the place on Baris Manco, they had bikes and used to buy bikes for their visitors to use.  One day we took them to the big Kipa to shop they looked at the bikes and they though they  were cheap and decided to get a couple.  Now, I know little about bikes and this was a few years ago, as I recall, the bikes had to be sent by Kipa to a place up the Antalya Road to be made ready for the road and neighbour's had to pick them up check they were O.K. and ride them back..  Next day we drove up this road, with our neighbours but could not find the place, it is a very long road. . They were told that bikes could not be delivered and if they got someone to pick them up, there was no guarantee as they had not checked them out themselves.  Eventually, they did get them picked up in a van  and when they arrived one had a twisted frame, as there was no guarantee our neighbour's had to sort the frame out themselves.
In the long run, neighbours said the bikes were not that good and they decided they should have gone back to the guy in B.M.  They have been back ever since  and said he was the best and they regretted the Kipa bikes.

Offline chris35

• Newly Registered
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2017, 10:45:46 AM »
Our neighbours always used the place on Baris Manco, they had bikes and used to buy bikes for their visitors to use.  One day we took them to the big Kipa to shop they looked at the bikes and they though they  were cheap and decided to get a couple.  Now, I know little about bikes and this was a few years ago, as I recall, the bikes had to be sent by Kipa to a place up the Antalya Road to be made ready for the road and neighbour's had to pick them up check they were O.K. and ride them back..  Next day we drove up this road, with our neighbours but could not find the place, it is a very long road. . They were told that bikes could not be delivered and if they got someone to pick them up, there was no guarantee as they had not checked them out themselves.  Eventually, they did get them picked up in a van  and when they arrived one had a twisted frame, as there was no guarantee our neighbour's had to sort the frame out themselves.

Well Jaqui,all I can say is I bought a bike from Migros near the Sunday Market. On paying for it, the cashier called over a young sales lad who was working there and said something to him which I didn't understand, but the next minute we were both walking down the road towards the Aydin Pide. We crossed the road and went into the bike shop, where the young lad handed my bike to the shop owner. The lad then went back to the shop. The bike shop owner then sat me down and supplied me with a cup of Turkish tea and gave the bike a full check up and inflated the tyres etc. 15 mins later the job was done and the bike was given back to me. Total cost 4TL. I still have the bike 4 years later and have not had a single problem with it. Having said that I have it serviced every year at the little bike shed on the Gunlukbasi high st. So don't be put off buying a bike from a Supermarket and if you look after it, it will serve you well.

Offline philrose

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2017, 11:07:58 AM »
The bikes from the supermarkets are mainly from Taiwan/China and not that great a build quality, OK if you just want a cheap runaround, but if you want to go any distance you'd be better off spending a little more in a decent bike shop.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2017, 11:14:15 AM »
The bikes from the supermarkets are mainly from Taiwan/China and not that great a build quality, OK if you just want a cheap runaround, but if you want to go any distance you'd be better off spending a little more in a decent bike shop.

Exactly what my neighbour's thought after they had them for a while.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf