Author Topic: Returning holidaymakers  (Read 2678 times)

Offline howartt

• Newly Registered
Returning holidaymakers
« on: July 30, 2017, 21:20:23 PM »
After about 4 years of illness and stuff we are thinking now of returning to lovely Calis for our hols. we have heard some rumours and wanted someone to clarify a couple of things
Does all the Music finish at midnight now in all the bars ?
Have the recent religious or political issues (neither of which I have any interest in) changed the atmosphere of the "village"
We do not like AI but someone said a lot of the restaurants and bars had closed due to poor seasons, is that true ?
Just trying to get a feel of what Calis is currently like and if it has changed much in last 4 years, Thanks Guys

Offline Bluwise

Re: Returning holidaymakers
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2017, 22:03:49 PM »
Hi Howartt,  I can't say for number one for sure but I think the answer is "no" to all of the questions.  A few bars and restaurants have come and go as you would expect but, in my opinion,  Calis is still as charming as ever.  We've been coming here almost 10 years now, several times a year,  and still love it.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2017, 22:51:49 PM »
Yes same answer from me - I saw no change in feeling about the place 2 weeks ago than any other year. There are more Turkish (and Arab) visitors these days but I think that is nothing to do with more Islamic government, just more people have money to holiday in Fethiye and it has become more popular with people from the middle east.

There was no evidence of restaurants closed down - everywhere was ready for business.

I'm not entirely sure on music finishing at midnight as we tend to avoid those places anyway, but I think some possibly went past midnight but not all night   :)

If you loved Calis before you'll definitely love it in 2017 :D

Offline busybee

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2017, 06:30:56 AM »
Whenever I have been anywhere with music it always finishes at midnight or its restricted behind glass doors.

Offline George Warner

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2017, 09:43:33 AM »
Certainly in Koca Calis the music? is normally turned down by around 23.30 and then maybe off by 24.00 definitely not going on until the early hours anymore.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2017, 11:01:27 AM »
Hasn't the issue of loud music after midnight not been regulated for some time?  Certainly in the Paspatur places like Car Cem have to keep the doors (and windows) closed after midnight if they have a band on.

JF

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2017, 12:14:30 PM »
We are like Scunner and tend not to go to the loud noise places and we also dont tend to be out particularly late these days...been here 6 weeks and its fab thiugh i feel like im living here as opposed to being on holiday...been coming nearly 11 years and still love it as much, i feel more at home, more safe then i do in uk...can also highly recommend it as a tonic for recovering  from being poorly too ????

Offline Lynn25

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2017, 10:45:27 AM »
Some changes to restaurants which is to be expected and happens every year. We also missed going to Calis for 3 years due to personal circumstances after spending the previous 7 years going, returned last year and loved it just as much and are back there in 3 weeks. Nowhere quite like it in our opinion.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf