Author Topic: flights  (Read 3891 times)

Offline kimmie

flights
« on: August 06, 2017, 08:24:23 AM »
Hi everyone, had another good holiday at the Club E in june although did have a couple of moans regarding the loud music competeing at adjacent bars but hey ho by the end of our holiday we knew which to avoid but did make the decision definitely not Calis in September this year going to have a change and guess what here i am looking to book again for early September the old Calis charm has gotten to us again but can anyone tell me what s happening with the  prices i cant beleive how expensive we always fly from doncaster our local airport on the same flight june and sep. Last september for 11 nights at the oykun we paid £784.00 b/b with Thomson  i am now looking at 14 nights which we would expect to pay more (14 nights instead of 11) and it is £1250.00 i thought maybe its just thomson been greedy but all the flights are much more than normal is there any reason for this i am not aware.

Offline Lynne09

Re: flights
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2017, 08:31:35 AM »
Return flights always very expensive in September I always book a year in advance flight only already booked next years flights with Monarch!!!

Offline trainer

• Last man standing
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2017, 10:05:55 AM »
to get the cheaper deals you have to shop around and be able to travel to other airports and Thompson has always been very expensive,  look at flight only and contact the hotel directly   

Offline kimmie

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2017, 10:57:47 AM »
The point i am trying to make is we book the same time each year (for the last 9 years) and all of a sudden there is a huge increase on the flight prices not just thomson i have checked all the other airlines  and whichever way i book ie direct with the hotel and seperate flights it is almost £350.00 more than last year it seems a big increase i always expect approx 10% increase each year i am just really suprised this year at the flight prices compared to last year. I am aware to get the really good flight prices you need to book really early but this something we have never had to do before. Hey ho i will just keep my fingers crossed that they may reduce them hopefully.

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2017, 11:32:40 AM »
I think prices are definitely up on flights this year compared to last. There are less flights though so less competition.

Offline chris35

• Newly Registered
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2017, 11:37:17 AM »
Kimmie. I think you are missing the point. You have to book your flight 12 months in advance,when the flights are released and book with the hotel directly. For your information Easy Jet will be releasing flights for next September, this September, so keep an eye out,though someone normally gives the heads up on here when they know the date. You might have to book just the outward flight initially as return flights for late Sept and Oct are released later in year. Hope this helps.

Offline kimmie

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2017, 13:51:47 PM »
Thanks for your reply chris but i am not missing the point i understand what you are saying about booking flights early etc i am just making the point that i always book at this time and yes every year the prices do normally increase but this year they have increased hugely and probably because the reason is less flights available.

Offline trainer

• Last man standing
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2017, 16:04:30 PM »
don't expect them to go down by a great amount I was looking for around the 31st of July so waited right up to the 28th the flights ranged from £700 for 2 right up to £1200 in the end we payed £698 the most we have ever payed and yes there is a noticeable increase from this year to last I normally budget £200 for May or September (flights only) but this year We payed around £250 each for May and we payed £268 each for the 26th of August and we booked these in January/February but this is with Turkish Airlines so we get meals seats and luggage all included the so called cheaper airlines where £40-£50 dearer without the add on's  I think the days of last minute bargains are starting to disappear 

Offline chris35

• Newly Registered
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2017, 17:23:09 PM »
Thanks for your reply chris but i am not missing the point i understand what you are saying about booking flights early etc i am just making the point that i always book at this time and yes every year the prices do normally increase but this year they have increased hugely and probably because the reason is less flights available.

If your not prepared to alter your perspective on booking flights/holidays 12 months in advance as people are telling you, then you will ALWAYS pay high prices. The days of waiting until the last minute to save money have well gone,never to return.If unfortunately you are unable to do this then you have my sympathy.

Offline Steve A

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2017, 17:40:51 PM »
Flights to Turkey are much more expensive this year,that's a fact and it's based on simple supply and demand in that predicting a poor year for Turkey the airlines have put on less flights .However the demand has not been as low as expected so there are more people wanting to fly with less seats available hence higher prices and more profits to be made.The accommodation is still there at reasonable prices but you may need to shop around for those that you can book with directly as the holiday companies buy up the rooms in adavance using the similar
demand predictions of the airlines.So popular accommodation will be difficult to book.We tried to book a well known hotel via the owner who advised that his price was higher than booking through an agent as they had taken the majority of his rooms at a discounted rate and the few rooms he had left he could not discount !
If you are lucky enough to book a year in advance you usually get the best deal.An example is 2weeks Sep 2017 from Newcastle staying B&B at a mid range well situated hotel for two people is £1257 .Book now for 2018 its £1056.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf