Author Topic: Taxman cometh!!!  (Read 12890 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Taxman cometh!!!
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2017, 22:02:06 PM »
Do you still have the same property and same bank account you would have used when you bought, Dave? It would be more difficult to chase purchasers from 2004ish if they had moved on or moved/closed that bank account - so your consistency might have been the reason you have been targeted.

For the record from the other side of the desk, as agents we were often asked about paying the full amount based on purchase price rather than based on tapu value. Some we did, others - particularly where the client insisted on using a solicitor - they were strongly advised to pay the lesser amount. In fact, I recall buyers being told that if they insisted on declaring the actual purchase price, they would cause problems for the very people who were about to become their new neighbours.

Mind you, this was also in the days where well known local solicitors would arrive at our office with a Migros carrier bag stuffed full of £40,000 worth of lira.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 11:07:05 AM by Scunner »

Offline daveG

Re: Taxman cometh!!!
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2017, 09:31:04 AM »
Yes Keith still with same bank from outset always found them to be helpful and one of the first to allow direct debits on electric and water.
Went into bank today and it was confirmed that problem simdi yok  and account re opened.
I too recall when our deposit arrived and I withdrew the cash it was taken up by the agent on the dolmus to Olu Deniz to the previous owner. As far as the balance presumably something similar occured on receipt of the tapu by our solicitor who was given power of attorney.
Happy days hey!!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Taxman cometh!!!
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2017, 11:06:34 AM »
Keep on smiling Dave  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf