Author Topic: A Nice Touch  (Read 2370 times)

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
A Nice Touch
« on: November 05, 2017, 13:27:11 PM »
We had visors staying this weekend. They are very fond of holidaying in India so we took them to Bristol's best curry house - the "Urban Tandoor". It was packed. We were seated next to two tables pushed together to accommodate a party of eight 25/35 year-olds out celebrating someone’s birthday. Inevitable they were somewhat loud. They finished the evening with an enthusiastic, but not very tuneful, rendition of “Congratulations” … and jubilations etc. When we finished our meal the waiter brought us a complimentary dessert to share -  a nice touch.

I hope postimage works this time.

Offline TOSH TOSH

• Newly Registered
Re: A Nice Touch
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2017, 16:34:24 PM »
Looks like it was a very yummy nice touch !!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2017, 16:55:12 PM »
Lovely when a little touch hits the spot.

Our local Indian has an a la carte side and a buffet side. We were recently on the a la care side but it was quite quiet both sides. When we asked for the bill, the waiter asked our girls if they would like ice cream from the buffet side machine. They did and went and got some.

£3 each added to the bill. A nice touch can also turn sour.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2017, 17:49:10 PM »
Looks like it was a very yummy nice touch !!
Actually the mousse was more-or-less tasteless but, as you can see, the plate was exquisitely decorated. It led me to suppose that there was a frustrated pastry chef locked up in the kitchen worn down by the day-after-day experience of hardly anyone ordering a proper dessert in an Indian restaurant.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 18:05:13 PM by Colwyn »

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2017, 16:40:28 PM »
In a mood to appreciate nice little touches I am now spotting more. How about you? Today I had to go downtown and after my business I called into my favourite pub on the Centre, indeed the only proper pub on the Centre, and also the smallest, the White Lion. I noticed this sign on the bar with a box on floor underneath - unfortunately I didn't have a camera. The sign read:

Cold Out Tonight?

Borrow a Blanket

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2017, 17:21:20 PM »
I think the little touches make all the difference with hotels (and I stay in a few).

Yesterday’s in Inverness had several, not least a wee Tunnock’s Teacake with the tea & coffee tray

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2017, 18:15:19 PM »

Years ago I drank at a village type pub called the Highwayman, near Lichfield, and every Sat & Sun lunchtime the

landlord placed baskets containing cubes of cheese, sliced onion and slices of black pudding on the bars for all

the customers. It was a lovely pub with a friendly atmosphere. Les Dawson called in several times on his way

through to Birmingham. Then it was taken over by a chain and is now a carvery with low lighting and high prices.    :(

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf