Author Topic: Any lastest news / updates re calis childrens expedition  (Read 4926 times)

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
Re: Any lastest news / updates re calis childrens expedition
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2018, 22:43:36 PM »
Couldn't agree more Pi55y. Bozalan was the project that will long live in the memory of everyone involved. The change in the kids was astonishing; from standing dumbly in line, like toy soldiers, to be handed a lolly at one of our early visits to elbowing each other aside to get first dibs on the swings / slide / seesaws at our last. Those young lives were certainly changed by the generosity of CBF members & all in the space of a year!

It was a truly humbling experience to be taken for lunch at a home in the village, where the entire population of the village must have been present; the women cooking, using the most enormous pots & pans, in the garden, the men & kids sitting on carpets in the garden & the visitors being led into the house, where the son of the household served our food.

As Mercury said, after 5 - 6 years, most of those kids will have moved on to secondary education in Kemer

Offline busybee

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2018, 18:56:26 PM »
All of the above and more!! I remember being taken in to the lounge of the house we ate it. It was the posh room, with lovely artificial flowers, still with the cellophane on to keep the dust off and very nice sofa's.  Table cloth was spread out on the floor and we all tucked in. I was terrified of making a mess lol !! The lady of the house was so proud of two new toilets that had been installed.  Lilac tiles if I remember rightly.  We were welcomed so grandly by all and I personally felt really humble.  The kids when they got there individual bag of presents, was the crowning glory, never seen such excitement in children ever!!! Our children dont know they are born....The transformation of the school, would be worthy of Grand Designs, by comparision.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2018, 19:56:26 PM »
How could you not fall in love with children like these two. The one of the girl is probably my favourite CBF photo ever.

It must have been an amazing day and one which many CBF members would have loved to share.

PS Hope the owner of these photos doesn't mind me using them.

Offline Dennis Vint

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2018, 09:08:30 AM »
Two lovely photos Highlander.  The one of the young girl brought tears to my eyes.  It is so expressive of joy, happiness and the pure innocence of childhood.  Many thanks and God bless to all who made that day so memorable for the children.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2018, 23:14:57 PM »
One day we will be consigned to the bin, obsolete and an inevitable victim of progress. However, the fact that we made a difference never dies. We made a difference regularly...

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2018, 19:47:55 PM »
Yes you are correct John. It WAS Fethiye airport transfers....They played with the kids as well...

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2018, 03:06:35 AM »

It must have been an amazing day and one which many CBF members would have loved to share.

PS Hope the owner of these photos doesn't mind me using them.

I remember this girl as if it were yesterday - and the photo personifies the day so well.

Actually the video I took doesn't - it was electric, almost impossible to explain the positivity and excitement, it started off the scale and just increased all day...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf