Author Topic: Observations  (Read 1724 times)

Offline trainer

• Last man standing
Observations
« on: February 22, 2018, 10:07:07 AM »
The wife and I where walking the dog the other day where we live in Middlesbrough and noticed the amount of litter that was left strewn around my local area and it got us thinking about when we first went to Calis 12 years ago and what stood out to us was the amount of litter and fly tipping in and around Calis now I believe that my area is as bad if not worse and that the north east in general has got worse and Calis is getting better.
Is the reason that the local Turkish residents are taking a more active role in keeping the areas tidy (our apartment is near Kaan hotel) or am I wrong i know the beach is always a bone of contention but I don't use the beach so cant comment 

Offline Steve A

Re: Observations
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2018, 11:05:04 AM »
We had a villa up past the Kaan for many years and used the road past the Kaan daily.I also think there is much less litter in the area and I notice that Turkish residents are now using the street corner bins ,even the old guy who takes the glass and plastic doesn’t seem to make as much of a mess.
As far as UK goes we live in South Shields which has got noticeably worse for flytipping,dirty,weedy streets and litter in general.I think it’s a sign of cutbacks and inconsiderate Chavez who have never worked a day in their lives and think someone’s else will pick it up.

Offline trainer

• Last man standing
Re: Observations
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2018, 13:12:34 PM »
Where we live it's the perfect storm a large senior school, Macdonalds KFC , Subway and a shopping  centre

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf