Author Topic: Plants  (Read 3494 times)

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Plants
« on: March 27, 2018, 16:52:41 PM »
Where are people buying their garden plants and shrubs this year.

When we had Mozaik I used to buy loads of stuff around this time of year and there was always plenty of choice and availability.

This year it seems like no one has more than the bare minimum...???

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
Re: Plants
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2018, 22:06:08 PM »
Got most of mine from Saturday market. I did notice earlier this week that the place nearest to the main Migros, heading towards the banks, had a much better selection than they'd had.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2018, 22:40:56 PM »
I ended up buying quite a lot at the Sunday market this week where I went for only the second time ever in the hunt for coriander.

Lovely couple selling them and then the elderly guy went and got his tricycle and loaded all the plants into the back basket and cycled them all to my car   :)

Offline George Warner

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2018, 15:06:06 PM »
I ended up buying quite a lot at the Sunday market this week where I went for only the second time ever in the hunt for coriander.
Lovely couple selling them and then the elderly guy went and got his tricycle and loaded all the plants into the back basket and cycled them all to my car    :)
Horticulture shop top of Gunlukbasi Road Citroen Garage end had good selection of bedding and other plants yesterday,no shrubs though,Fuscia, Dahlia,Alstromeria [Rain Daisy]all at 6 Lira a time

Offline daveG

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2018, 15:51:07 PM »
Only one of the original three garden centres have now survived in the Kippa /Eren Store location.(Adnan Menderes Blvd)

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2018, 22:11:43 PM »
I did, while in the area, go to a garden centre just past Metro on the same side of the road before the D400 starts. Not sure if that's the same one George.

I did wonder, if with so many people leaving Turkey to go back to the UK there's less demand for plants.

Offline George Warner

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2018, 18:13:59 PM »
I did, while in the area, go to a garden centre just past Metro on the same side of the road before the D400 starts. Not sure if that's the same one inGeorge.Hi,No its in Gunlukbasi itself on the right before Citroen Garage as you come from Fethiye on the next corner after Bim,went again today bought more,still plenty left, Rain Daisy is actually Osteospermum [sic]not Alstroemeria as I said,they have plenty,in lots of colours as well as Perlagoniums, again in various colours all at 6Lira

I did wonder, if with so many people leaving Turkey to go back to the UK there's less demand for plants.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2018, 22:08:40 PM »
Thanks George I'll check it out...   :)

Offline pompeylee

• Newly Registered
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2018, 05:52:06 AM »
The lovely couple you mention Nicola with tricycle followed us on our bikes home one day last year with a climbing rose & other plants in his basket,  Growing as much as I can from seed this year but I have noticed a shop/stall just past the migros after where the taxis congregate on the Sunday market has a decent selection of bedding plants, Rose bushes currently less then 10tl in bim.

Any luck with your coriander as I just by seeds from a spice stall & grow my own.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf