Author Topic: Brexit  (Read 78710 times)

Offline saoirse

Re: Brexit
« Reply #100 on: August 13, 2018, 17:52:43 PM »
Its all gonna work out spiffingly

How would anyone ever doubt the word of self serving bullingdon toffs ????

When I witness the crass naivety of some I def think there's a market in England for selling magic beans

Am convinced the Tory chinless wonders put something in the drinking water for so many normally rational people to swallow the Brexit guff

Offline LindseyMitchell

• Newly Registered
« Reply #101 on: August 13, 2018, 20:54:04 PM »
Totally agree Saoirse x

Offline villain

• The most unpopular poster in the village
« Reply #102 on: September 26, 2018, 14:54:35 PM »
Some people will refuse to believe the tide is coming in until their feet get wet.

Government admits No Deal will ground UK aircraft.

"Brexiters will accuse the EU of parading itself in all its vicious, vindictive ugliness and punishing the UK for having the audacity to leave the club. It is not. The EU is a rules-based, supranational organisation which depends on laws and agreements to function at any level. If it abandoned its legal order it would fall apart. In a no-deal scenario, the UK would become a third party without any ties to Brussels. London would effectively be instructing Brussels to void any pre-existing UK-EU agreements and the EU would be obliged to comply. The hardliners want a 'clean Brexit' and that is what it means."

Leaving the EU means cheaper food, right?

Wrong. Dim leaver MP calls the EU a "Protection Racket", then proceeds to get royally owned.

Offline davybill

« Reply #103 on: September 27, 2018, 07:53:23 AM »
You should be a MP, Villain, no one else knows whats happening,

Offline villain

« Reply #104 on: September 27, 2018, 08:44:57 AM »
You're too kind. However, all I know is that in 2016, David Davis told us there would be "no downsides to Brexit, just considerable upsides" and yesterday, the Government appointed a new Minister to deal with post-Brexit food shortages.

Doesn't seem very consistent to me.

Offline 1calis

• Newly Registered
« Reply #105 on: September 27, 2018, 15:50:10 PM »
We haven't left yet so everything is supposition.

Offline villain

« Reply #106 on: September 27, 2018, 17:37:44 PM »
Here's some Brexiter supposition for you:

Professor Minford - the leading pro-brexiter "Economist for Brexit" (note use of the singular) that Rees-Mogg etc. lauds, says Brexit will ruin UK manufacturing and farming, and thinks this is a good idea.

Rees-Mogg himself proudly proclaims that the benefits of Brexit will take about 50 years to occur.

Got any good supposition?

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #107 on: September 28, 2018, 09:08:25 AM »
Here's some Brexiter supposition for you:

Professor Minford - the leading pro-brexiter "Economist for Brexit" (note use of the singular) that Rees-Mogg etc. lauds, says Brexit will ruin UK manufacturing and farming, and thinks this is a good idea.

Rees-Mogg himself proudly proclaims that the benefits of Brexit will take about 50 years to occur.

Got any good supposition?

More remainer lies! Try reading what he actually said instead of listening to the idiots who twist it for their agenda!

Jacob Rees-Mogg said “The overwhelming opportunity for Brexit is over the next 50 years”

That’s what he said. Nothing more and nothing less. Nowhere did he say it will take fifty years to see the benefits.

Offline villain

« Reply #108 on: September 28, 2018, 12:50:20 PM »
Here's the video. Watch for yourself. He was doing nothing but weaseling out of the personal consequences when it all goes horribly wrong by not specifying any date within the next 50 years when the Sunlit Uplands finally come into view (i.e. after we're all dead)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My4UM_zCpk0

What are those opportunities exactly, anyway and why will they take up to 50 years to occur?

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

« Reply #109 on: September 28, 2018, 17:13:22 PM »
Stoop, you really need to change the record. Everything is remained lies or project fear. Never hear you own up to the lies that got us into this situation. Where are the 70 million Turks and Albanians? Where is the £350m? Where is the trade deal that was promised to be the easiest thing to negotiate? Why has sterling headed south? Where is the cake that Johnson promised? Why is foreign investment at its lowest level since 2011? Why is the car industry slowing down?

Just answer these and I will give you a load more questions to answer.

I am really sick of Farage, Moggie, Johnson and all the others who do a great deal of shouting but when they are asked to put meat on the bone as to what the UK will look like in the future all they do is spout about opportunities. They go on about free trade agreements with the Commonwealth. Many commonwealth countries already have preferential treatment because of they are classified as developing countries.

All of this so called project fear in relation to food shortages, medicines, aviation has been fully supported by papers issued by the Brexit Dept.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf