Author Topic: Brexit  (Read 78704 times)

Offline LindseyMitchell

• Newly Registered
Re: Brexit
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2018, 07:19:36 AM »
If criticising Israel’s treatment of Palestinians is anti Semitic, mea culpa.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2018, 07:54:42 AM »
I think its worth pointing out that being a critic of the State of Israel does not make one an antisemite. 

JF

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2018, 13:43:48 PM »
Whatever - but retweeting that Rotherham’s abused girls should shut their mouths for the sake of diversity is disgusting!

It’s what I’ve come to expect from the left though.

Offline saoirse

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2018, 19:31:51 PM »
One good thing that could come out of the hilarious  Brexit debacle is the implosion of the Tory party.
Vieweing this tragic comedy is  great entertainment

Offline LindseyMitchell

• Newly Registered
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2018, 10:59:34 AM »
No deal is going to be catastrophic for the U.K. 
India and Turkey say they’ll do a trade deal in exchange for freedom of movement, which is ironic as a lot of brexiteers voted out to stop freedom of movement.
Many companies have already left our shores, and many will follow.
If we think America is ready to do a deal, think again.  I fear any deal would depend on their huge corporations moving in on our NHS;  why else would Trump be so keen on Brexit.  I’m also not keen on chlorinated chicken, and hormone fed beef.
WTO rules would require a very hard border in Ireland, which would cost millions to police, and also a return to the troubles.
Why has Rees Mogg moved his business to Southern Ireland, I wonder?  I suspect him and his millionaire mates are scared of the EUs proposed action on tax evasion next year.
It’s a nightmare.

Offline Stuart T

« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2018, 17:49:13 PM »
How could we, as non - politicians, possibly make such an important decision on behalf of a whole nation without fully understanding the consequences?

A blooming cop out by Cameron who was in no doubt about the outcome. Of course we wouild remain. All sensible politicians from all sides knew that it was the only possible outcome.

The remainers were virtually silent throughout the whole campaign, so assured were they of the end result.  Smug and arrogant, of course the country would make the sensible vote and remain.

The exiteers loaded big guns with a strong emphasis on reduced immigration and the promise of a load of money we could keep in our own coffers. As net contributors to Europe we were told of great advantages to Portugal, Ireland etc. at Britain's expense.

Still many were undecided. Then Boris put his twopence worth in and with it came the approval of many who follow this formerly very popular figure. It lent credence to an exit vote.

Nonetheless, we were never prepared for an exit vote bugt the public didn't know that.

We thought there was a post Brexit strategy.

Immediately the Prime Minister, Chancellor et al resign and a new (remainer) Prime Minister is brought in.

Now, everybody's resigned and been replaced.

Look at the bloody chaos now.

We had no Plan 'A' for an exit vote let alone a 'B' or 'C'.

It took us all by surprise.

Can we have a revote please on the understanding that not a single exit person ever foresaw the full extent of the political carnage that would follow?

Offline LindseyMitchell

• Newly Registered
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2018, 06:33:49 AM »
Agree 100% Stuart.

Offline davybill

« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2018, 10:24:25 AM »
How many revotes will come after that Stuart? as it seems none of the Government understand it, and im positive
the Public don't understand it. its a bit like prison its easy to get in, but bl--dy hard to get out. >:( >:( >:(

Offline Diverbaz 1

« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2018, 11:01:55 AM »

After Camoron resigned there should have been a Brexiteer Prime Minister and cabinet, those that believed in what they were doing, not, the try and please everybody and end up pleasing nobody brigade.

Offline Stuart T

« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2018, 13:34:17 PM »
davybill - only one.

The remain vote would, I am sure, be something of a landslide with a big sigh of relief.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf