Author Topic: Holiday home insurance  (Read 2741 times)

Offline arbitro3493

• Newly Registered
Holiday home insurance
« on: January 13, 2019, 22:43:14 PM »
I just wondered if any members had advice on holiday home insurance? Ideally would like to deal with a UK company. Any advice on a reputable company or other general advice?

Offline IanK

Re: Holiday home insurance
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2019, 08:57:51 AM »
Like many others, we have used Intasure.

Not had any reason to claim though so cant tell you what they are like from that point of view.

I seem to recall that you can only use them if its a holiday home  - not if you like in Turkey full time.

Ian

Offline maclarke1

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2019, 17:50:49 PM »
We used Intasure for a number of years, but whilst in Calis last year met up with Mustafa (the inspector), we were paying approx £260 per annum with Intasure. Mustafa arranged same insurance, with legal and general, for around £80.

Like any insurance policy, you don’t know how good it is till you have to use it, but that would be the same for Intasure as well.

Offline arbitro3493

• Newly Registered
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2019, 17:59:15 PM »
Is the legal and general one from the uk?

Offline WendyA

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2019, 11:43:47 AM »
I use Intersure but pay about £450, so it is expensive. I had to claim about 6 years ago though when I had leaves block a balcony drain after a storm. The balcony filled up with water before pouring through the patio doors and down the stairs! I heard about the problem from my property manager and Intersure put me in contact with someone locally who checked it out. The work was all done - cleaned up and redecorated before I came out again.

Offline daveG

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2019, 14:52:22 PM »
We have used Nezihi Kestepli (broker) since 2004, he shops round for us and gets the best deal for our particular property. Currently with Groupama paying 335tl as of July 2018 (incl top up for earthquakes). In the past it has been with AK Sigorta for many years and Sompo Japan Sigorta.  :angel: 

Offline imperialwizard

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2019, 16:55:05 PM »
The past few years we have dealt with
Dina GÖKDENiZ at Renar Sigorta (beside McDonalds).Very competitive (about 550 TL) and she speaks good English.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf