Author Topic: Shangai Blues Chinese Rest - Hisaronu  (Read 5667 times)

Offline philrose

Shangai Blues Chinese Rest - Hisaronu
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2006, 04:43:37 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Tykatem

Why travel 2,000 miles to Turkey for a Chinese meal, when you know darned well you can get a better Chinese in this country? Surely there's enough choice of local cuisine to choose from during the short time you're there on holiday.

Pete

Cos some of us a here for longer than a couple of weeks and like a change, and 2000 miles to the UK is a bit far to go for a Chinese ;)

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2006, 08:09:17 AM »
Why not just eat what you like!! Does it matter where you are, now long for, or what the local food is like....if you want to eat Chinese in Tukey - eat it.. if you want to eat Turkish food in Liverpool, eat it!! I love to eat Turkish when I am in Turkey, but just because some people love Turkey, it does not mean they love Turkish food.  Hey, its a free world, and the beauty of the area is the choice of international cuisine - with the best being the local Pides in my view.  .... and Im sure people dont travel 2000 miles to Turkey for a Chinese meal Pete  :) But on the subject of the Chinese restaurants, we used to frequent the Dragonera back in the early 90s (just once on our fortnight mind!!) when it was situated on the main drag.  However we went back there in May of this year, and I have to say I was not overly impressed.  We like to do a Chinese once or twice when away, mainly for the children for a change,so maybe we shall try the Shanghai or the viva now.

Offline n/a

• deleted
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2006, 09:38:02 AM »
We ate there in the winter and were really impressed, food was excellent and would recommend it

Offline davewalsh

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2006, 13:10:56 PM »
Interestingly, my sister has just come back and concurs with Sue and Sleuth. Funny how things change around

Offline Sleuth

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2006, 14:01:01 PM »
yes Dave...  Dragonaro has had a long  run at the top  for chinese out there... perhaps they were  getting a  little  blase` or greedy  or  both ?     Viva is definately worth a try... only  negative there is  the  volume of noise  below  from Hustlers  I  am afraid  :o   best time   =   dusk  ;)

Offline villalavanta

« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2006, 16:31:25 PM »
Sorry Dragonara, but we have tried here several times, the place looks so good, but each time we have been disappointed, on the last occasion, the food was really not good. We love the Peking, not pretentious, just superb food, very well priced too.

Offline wickwilly

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2006, 17:50:56 PM »
Have to say I agree with you villalavanta. The Peking always seems to come up trumps both with the food and the very reasonable prices.  5 pounds 80 pence gets you as many starters and main courses as you can eat and includes half bottle of wine (drinkable).Down side is they shut at the End of October and reopen 1st May.

WW

Offline doll

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2006, 06:37:55 AM »
we were up hisanaru the other night
the dragonaro was verualy empty at 7.30
you used to have to book early to get in there
but they must have upset loads of people
shame as they were the best,just gos to show how places change.maybe he got greedy....
we ate indian at the rainbow all you can eat for 5.80
doll

Offline Mishy

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2006, 16:33:47 PM »
We ate in the Dragonara about 1 week ago. Food o.k. However I will not return or recommend this place. As soon as we had finished our meal and did not require a dessert. we were asked to move to a small sit down area near the bar. Stupidly we did, we were told that they would take the price off the bottle of wine from our bill did they ech!!!!. The best and by far the cheapest with a lovely bottle of wine was at Beach Boys kebab, excellent food and good choice.

Offline caz1230_1

« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2008, 15:56:42 PM »
The dragonara is one of our favourite  places we like to eat when over, but we came out in march and thought we would try the one above azda and i have to say the food was great and also the service was good, and a lot cheaper than the dragonara with bigger portions

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf