Author Topic: FERRYS TO MARMARIS-ICMELERI  (Read 1040 times)

Offline tony

FERRYS TO MARMARIS-ICMELERI
« on: November 23, 2005, 13:49:34 PM »
can anyone out there tell me if there is a ferry service from fethiye or surrounding area to either marmaris or even better icmeler.if there is such a service about how long would the trip take. also does anyone know of any local fishing trips either sea or freshwater. my son and i went on one a year ago this last summer.but it was a bit of a swiz (no rods just hand lines). we were also told the boat was equipped with all the latest technology and even had a fish finder, now normally this would be a particularly welcome bit of kit. but i soon learned a turkish fish finder is a twelve year old boy with a snorkle and flippers. as it happened as soon as he found a fish it swam away (LOL). the trip cost us twenty quid each but i tell you the look on my sons face when dinner was served was worth every penny. the fish we did actually catch had been barbecued whole and were covered in flies. now i didnt mind in fact they were very tasty but jamie my son had been Macdonaldised from an early age to him this was a bush tucker challenge too far. so if anyone knows of an half decent fishing trip i would be grateful.
many thanks
and best wishes tony    

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2005, 15:02:18 PM »
Tony, re your first question there isnt a ferry to Marmaris as such although I believe you could book a 'cruise' from the harbour in Fethiye. As its only about 3 hours by bus or 2 in a taxi its probably not worth it! There are a variety of boat trips/fishing trips and unless you get a deluge of replies to this- it is well worth using the search function on this site as I'm sure this question has cropped up before.
By the way and before a moderator gets you- this question would be better placed under General Calis Beach questions and information. That way you attract the right attention and hopefully get an answer to your fishing question.

Offline tony

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2005, 15:27:57 PM »
i think i`ve asked this question in the wrong forum so sorry
i`ll get me coat
tony

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf