Author Topic: RESIDENCY PERMITS - 2006  (Read 11550 times)

Offline wickwilly

RESIDENCY PERMITS - 2006
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2006, 21:34:42 PM »
Asli was charging 100YTL but I heard she has increased this to 150YTL. This is only hearsay though.

WW

Offline apollo

RESIDENCY PERMITS - 2006
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2006, 21:35:43 PM »
Good for her!

Offline Fethiye

RESIDENCY PERMITS - 2006
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2006, 21:51:32 PM »
A step by step guide is here. The prices need to be updated for 2006 but its so easy why pay someone else to do it! http://www.fethiyetimes.org.uk/cms/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=68&Itemid=58

Offline canalman

• Aged Headbanger
RESIDENCY PERMITS - 2006
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2006, 10:54:33 AM »
Many thanks, Fethiye, that is a good step by step guide. When we were both out in February we had to get 16 photos for our tapu and for residency but we did not get to the residency as both of our passports only have three years left. Sue is in Calis at the moment and I hope to be out next month.
Pete and Sue

Offline tel

RESIDENCY PERMITS - 2006
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2006, 21:29:04 PM »
Pete,
Just get a 3 year residency for now. The alternative, apart from trips to Greek Isles, is surrender your passports for new and you will get a maximum of nine months credited to your new ones.  Or just hang on LOL
Regards
Tel

Offline c1

• Northampton, UK
RESIDENCY PERMITS - 2006
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2006, 14:59:47 PM »
if and when,turkey gets ready to join EU then this will all change,most turks Ive talked to think joining will be good for turkey,so lira/interest rates/visa/etc will all change,time factor based on politics etc,things have away of moving quicky with the right incentives.

Offline jill

RESIDENCY PERMITS - 2006
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2006, 19:54:01 PM »
So,

A lot of you have, or are thinking of paying nearly £1,000 for the priviledge of living another 5 years in a place which,it would seem, as a lot  of you are feeling, that in one way or another,you are being ripped off. From the booze at Migros to the blatantly rip-off money changer on Ataturk Cadessi. You complain of being both financially, racially and sexually (in some cases) abused. But still you want to be there!?

How many members of this forum have complained about being ripped off? and yet, you all seem to think that it is "God's own Country!!

Give me a break!! you folks ought to know that there is a life beyond Calis' or any other part of Turkey. Maybe some of you have been to other parts of the world and found them wanting - so? We can all do that wherever we are. I can understand that everybody wants their own piece of heaven. I hope you find it - because, as far as I am concerned, Turkey is not the place to look!

I predict that in less than three years the banking system will realise that,(as Doomsday prophecies have foretold) the Sterling/Euro will not maintain it's strength, and that they,(the banks) will start selling! Wholesale! Of course all of you that have put your money into that system will suffer, make no mistake! Whether to pay for your retirement or try to make a bundle in the banking system of Turkey, you are all at the whims of the institutions there. There is and never will be a "bigtime".

Give yourselves a wake up call folks,life is about to become reality, really expensive and not not at all what you dreamed it might be in the land of Turkey.

Offline Fran

RESIDENCY PERMITS - 2006
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2006, 22:07:06 PM »
Jill. Not all of us are in it to make money. We have bought are place as a holiday home for us and the children. Somewhere to escape the rat race. I appreciate that living in Turkey full time you must see it from a different perspective. But each to their own.

Offline stuart

• Professional Spammer
RESIDENCY PERMITS - 2006
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2006, 05:37:14 AM »
jill you sound sore!! whats ur story? wheres ur dream?

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
RESIDENCY PERMITS - 2006
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2006, 07:36:05 AM »
Why the some what patronising remarks about people wanting a residency permit?.......It seems from your post 04/02/05 quote" when I did get my residency permit " unquote,that you are also one of those people.[?]

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf