Author Topic: Flying Back to the UK while car is still in Turkey  (Read 2704 times)

Offline maggie machin

Flying Back to the UK while car is still in Turkey
« on: April 05, 2006, 08:44:25 AM »
Just a thought.  I am bringing the car into Turkey next week, where obviously it will be stamped on my passport.  Should I need to fly home to the UK urgently in the next few months, will this be a problem, as the car will still be in the country.  Not that I intend flying home, just thinking, if an emergency crops up, would it be easy for me to fly.  Any similar experiences from anyone would help.  Cheers.  Maggie Machin

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006, 10:30:43 AM »
I understand that you have to leave your car with customs whilst you are in the UK. I don't know all the details but I believe that there is a secure compound at Dalaman that you have to use and I also think there are fees to pay.

Someone else on here will no doubt have all the details to hand.

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 10:33:06 AM »
I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than me will be able to answer this. However some friends of mine lived in Morocco for a year, they drove down via  Spain and the car and all paperwork was in my friends name and on her passport. When the time came for her to fly back on her own, leaving the car with her husband in Casablanca she was held at the airport and had no end of aggro- missed her flight etc. They ended up having to leave the car at the airport compound until she returned. Not sure if its the same in Turkey but defo worth checking.

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 10:34:17 AM »
Oops must have crossed with KKOB- seems it might well be the same.

Offline Fethiye

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2006, 20:21:05 PM »

Offline gt

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2006, 20:33:01 PM »
friends of ours drove to turkey last year,she was staying for 8 weeks he was coming home after two then returning to take them all home in the car.
He had his passport stamped and they would not let him out of the country without the car so they had to cut short the holiday and come home.He is turkish.If there is more than one of you get one of the other passports stamped,that leaves you ok to fly home and leave the car

Offline maggie machin

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2006, 21:47:51 PM »
Thanks for the website address from Fethiye member. Great. Very informative. Cheers. Maggie Machin

Offline haluk

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2006, 15:39:07 PM »
The owner of the car according to the documents will have the car entered in their passport. When you need to leave for the UK then you need to take your car to customs. the fee is between 5 and 8 dollars per day. If you keep the car for 2 weeks in the pound then your car will have 2 weeks extended on its stay in Turkey.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf