Author Topic: satelite tv / digiboxes  (Read 8645 times)

Offline teresa321

satelite tv / digiboxes
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2004, 07:37:38 AM »
Found this today, looks like it may be of interest but I have not actually read it so feel free to express opinion,

http://www.satalogue.com/section1/page1.htm

Teresa X

Offline sammyjorush

satelite tv / digiboxes
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2004, 13:14:43 PM »
Hey Tereza Good find!:D

I have just read and printed 8 pages later for keeping in my forever growing portfolio.....

Also I have heard that ;

Cable tv (Kablolu TV) is available...

Cable tv service can be obtained from your district's telephone department general office with a written request for service (dilekce). Bills are issued monthly and can be paid by automatic bank withdrawal or at the banks listed on the bill....Over due bills are paid at the telephone office..

At present, English language channels include CNN, BBC WORLD, BBC, Teleon, Prime, MSNBC, and Eurosport.....Cine5 is a pay channel with sporting events, movies and sitcoms(some English but mainly Turkish). Channel E often has English language sit coms and movies in English with written Turkish sub titles....

If this helps....but I dont know any costs sorry...:D

Happy watching...lol...Samantha

Offline janet.gur

• Bolton, UK
satelite tv / digiboxes
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2004, 01:55:32 AM »
What - no Corry available!!!  However can you live without it?

Offline susie-q

• The Original CBF Susie-q
satelite tv / digiboxes
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2004, 09:28:07 AM »
I have a sky satellite receiver for sale, still boxed never used which I had bought for a particular restaurant owner, but since we have split up he will not be getting his hands on it now, so if anyone is interested in buying it, then email me via my profile!

Offline june

satelite tv / digiboxes
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2004, 10:54:44 AM »
Hi Teresa,

Thats very helpful thanks, I have also printed off and will digest.  From what I have read I am almost tempted to try our own Digiboxes first with a larger Dish and see what happens?.

June

Offline yildizkapisi

satelite tv / digiboxes
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2004, 11:55:01 AM »
OK I have 3 dishes on my roof here in istanbul. one for turksat one for hotbird and the other (120cm) for hispasat. I have a receiver which you insert a card into and the card cracks and decodes all the channels (search web for matrix magic cam). all the channels on hispasat can be changed into english if the original programme is made in english by the press of one button. I have around 40 pay per view (but dont pay) movie channels and around 90 other english channels. some sports and others ie discovery etc. I dont bother with sky as I dont fancy a 3 meter dish as it gets very windy in the winter here and I have had past experience of flying dishes both here and in the UK.
my original outlay for the equipment was around 250 pounds but then again I dont pay anything again after.

steve

Offline june

satelite tv / digiboxes
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2004, 14:54:07 PM »
Hi Steve,

Thats very helpful, so are you saying the £250 was for the receiver the 3 dishes and the fitting?,  sounds great, would we be able to get the same in Calis?, could we use the same company if they have one in this area or do most other companies do the same deal?.

June

Offline yildizkapisi

satelite tv / digiboxes
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2004, 15:33:29 PM »
get a Turk to go with you if you dont know a satelite man and ask that you want the 'NEXT' satelite receiver that can have cards slotted into it (I paid 120 us dollars) and a cam card to decode the channels. The sat man should have a list of all channels available and from which satelite. dont forget to haggle the price down. if you pay less then 250 pounds then you got a bargain because the sat man who did mine I have known for years. dont choose hotbird as it only has bbc prime and the french multivision channels. all the rest are italian or arabic and a lot of er p0rn channels but you cant decode them. I just had hotbird fitted as I had a spare small dish and it was just there to get pointed at. you want Hispasat and another but I forgot the name.

Offline fmfamily

satelite tv / digiboxes
« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2004, 18:10:54 PM »
Just a note about sky and taking the dishes out of the UK.....We lived in Germany for a while and a friend of ours brought a UK sky dish out.

If you install it yourself, you do have to have a UK address for the registration of it.  That wasnt any problem.  The problem is that if you install it yourself, you have to point it in the right direction and get it to receive properly.  Evidently, this has to be done over the phone while you are talking to the sky blokes.  He had to be on the phone to his dad, who was on the phone to sky, trying to pretend he was adjusting his dish, and not repeating the instructions on another phone.  Quite a nuisance, evidently.

It may have been some kind of special circumstance of the area which made it difficult, but it might be good to know that you may need someone at home to help you with the installation.  Of course, it may be a lot more straightforward now...this was about 15 years ago.
(gosh...so long...those dishes may be obsolete!  LOL)

Offline yildizkapisi

satelite tv / digiboxes
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2004, 08:14:21 AM »
satelite men have special devices to track a signal so no need for phone calls.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf