Author Topic: And she's back in the game.  (Read 7374 times)

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
Re: And she's back in the game.
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2017, 15:32:17 PM »
I noticed on your post you mentioned 16 bags on your flight??? Not sure if that was a tongue n cheek comment or you really did have 16 bags
Oh yes, Bernie's camel train put the Queen of Sheba to shame.

Offline sadler

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2017, 16:14:06 PM »

Somebody's only got to misread 1 letter in that heading and you'll be overrun with offers of "help".   ;)

KKOB -such a naughty boy!  ;D

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2017, 19:35:25 PM »
Calis rentals, maybe Cenk and Olga can help (interturk). They are the CBF  estate agent of choice. Also Ronnie from coast2coast, both Really good people wont put you wrong. On my one and only visit to Calis  market I saw on the back wall to far right a notice board with apartments to rent. Not sure thats the way to go, being a lone traveller.  I had 3 big boxes delivered 25kg in each. no where near that price. There is a bit of a knack to it with regarding parcel size and weight. value of parcel for insurance, and what to say is in the parcel.
True about the 16 bags.  :o
Good luck with everything and you have come to the right place for help and advice. ;D 8) :-*

Offline KazB

• Newly Registered
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2017, 07:54:22 AM »
Thanks Bernie once again sound advice .If I may ask did you get a good deal with the airline re your 16 bags? I'm hoping to rent fully furnished so won't be bringing any household goods just clothing and some keepsakes ie photos papers etc so probably 2-3 suitcases.I'm still rather anxious about finding a place to rent as I don't know anyone in Calis so it will be just me my dog (that's another problem to sort out)  and my suitcases when I land!  That's why I'm trying to make some contacts and recommendations via this site. Hopefully I can arrange to come over to Calis for the day when I am in Dalyan in June

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2017, 09:20:00 AM »
Kaz, As you want to live in Calis, why not spend more than a day there, when you are over a few days would give you the time to see Estate Agents and arrange some things.  As you really will not get a whole day coming from Dalyan as you wll have to deduct the travelling time to and from.
There are some good Hotel deals in Calis.

With reference to your dog.  I remember a member of the Forum coming over to live in Fethiye, his pets were on the flight with him.  He was surprised to find them in their travel boxes going around and around on the luggage carousel.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2017, 10:20:57 AM »
I had 3 big boxes delivered 25kg in each. no where near that price. There is a bit of a knack to it with regarding parcel size and weight. value of parcel for insurance, and what to say is in the parcel.

Go then, what's the trick?

JF

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2017, 10:55:18 AM »
Having worked in the distribution industry for several years and having quite a bit of experience with Import & Export, just be warned that you're playing a very dangerous game if you mis-describe the contents or value of items being shipped through Customs.

I know "everyone" does it, but don't go crying when you're the one that gets caught.  :)

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2017, 11:36:44 AM »
I kept it to clothes,shoes and bedding.soft furnishings. Yes I put the value at £60. That's a risk.Also the size of boxes comes into play and weight.
Mine were 25kg each.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf