Author Topic: New property law to boost prices  (Read 3067 times)

Offline peter golden

New property law to boost prices
« on: November 16, 2011, 10:49:53 AM »
The legal barrier on foreign nationals that prevents some from buying property in Turkey, known as Sabah, is expected to be removed by Turkey in 2012.

The draft law to remove the barrier is expected to have a direct impact on the already prosperous Turkey property market, with some experts stating that foreign investments in real estate in Turkey could double once the law has been passed.

Has anyone else any information on the above? If true, it would be a great boost for anyone trying to sell their property!! Please click on the following link for more details.

http://www.propertyturkeyforsale.com/turkey-set-to-remove-legal-barrier-stopping-people-buying-property-in-turkey-news-i602737.html

Pete

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 11:01:15 AM »
Typical "news" article on a general estate agency website I'm afraid - there's no way sales could/would/will double and to say the new law will mean an influx from (quote) "Once this law is put through and finalised, it is expected that there would be an influx of investors in the property market from countries such as: Russia" is absolutely deceptive - Russians can buy now with a fairly freely available special permission and have been doing so for years!!! See their own site for countries that cannot buy http://www.propertyturkeyforsale.com/who-can-buy-property-in-turkey-g-2.html - oh, Russia isn't on it, why is that...this story is absolute nonsense - no law could possibly double property sales in Turkey right now.

Better would be a law that allows non-nationals to buy without the stupid 3 month wait - you know, those three months which allow cowboy builders to get in a total mess, run out of money and borrow on the property some poor sod has already paid for.

Offline Eric

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 12:08:41 PM »
Here Here Keith!

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2011, 12:49:46 PM »
Taurus Excretia I think.
Sales values will not double while a)people are skint b) Supply far outstrips demand c) airlines continue to see Turkey as a moneyspinner.

My house in the UK doubled its value over about 4 years in the late 80's as did most others.
I think this happened in Turkey about 8-12 years ago.

Offline BM06

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2011, 17:46:52 PM »
Known as Sabah[?]  which I think means morning[?] so are they removing morning sales :) ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf