Author Topic: New draft law discussed for estate agents  (Read 11061 times)

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
Re: New draft law discussed for estate agents
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2013, 21:29:40 PM »
It will be taken down suzz, Gordon is off to the powers that be again this week, written complaint again, this time English and Turkish  Once confirmed that it is Ortak Bache (communal garden) I will give them one week and then I am out with the spanners taking the fence down myself, Watch for Haber News re English woman arrested, please bring me food parcels and soap.  Gordon says he will stop me, but then that would mean he would have to stay in and not visit the bars, so I guess that means the fence is coming down  >:( 

Offline loiner

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2013, 21:44:17 PM »
Bet they are from Istanbul

Offline SuzzPuss

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2013, 22:16:09 PM »
Loz, I wish I were there.  I'd be taking that fence down with you.  Makes me fume.  Good luck.

Offline Lotty

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2013, 22:24:06 PM »
Go Loz!

Offline Marggie

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2013, 06:24:20 AM »
Yep, go Loz, goooooooooooo.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2013, 07:39:14 AM »
Great thats 3 visitors.  I don't think they are from Istanbul, She is has a great job high up in Fethiye, her husband works all over Turkey something to do with security.  it is 3 villas sharing a garden, Tapu states we have 1/4 neighbour has 1/4 and they (the trouble ones?) have 1/2, we had the choice of the 3 when we purchased, their villa (the one with 1/2 share) is smaller than ours, a settee chair and tv in the lounge and no dining area,  or it was until they started putting on extensions and raising the roof by 6ft. 

After our purchase the builder lived in the 1/2 share property for 6 months then his wife wanted bigger property.   Since Early February 2004 we have maintained the garden ourselves, the builder was happy for us to do it, this has continued to date. the garden has an electric box for the garden should we (all the neighbours) want to install lighting or swimming pool, again we all agreed we did not need it, yet if we wanted to now we could not as it is fenced.  The garden was hard landscaped paid for by Gordon and myself to make it easier for me to maintain it, they the 'neighbours from hell' who only purchased April 2013 have now ripped it up and given it away. 
I should have seen problems from the start of their purchase, when I was in the garden tidying up, she came out and told me it was hers to clean, me being soft thought she was telling me that when the building work had finished she would clean it, oh how wrong was I. 

They have upset the other Turkish neighbours, but they are very young and intimidated, but they agree with me and my actions, their family live nearby and I think helped the young couple to purchase the home, so I gather they have their names on the Tapu, they too are not happy, yet they are taking another tack, me, I am going for the jugular.

Getting back to agents, when the smaller villa was being sold we would watch the agent showing clients around, they would point to our driveway and tell them that they owned it, also telling them they could make the property bigger.  The agency was Turkish, and staffed by Turks, they just wanted a sale and this neighbour fell for it.  So when the fence went up they wanted to fence us in by fencing the driveway too, giving them 2 drives, ensuring that they had what was written on the Tapu 1/2, they probably would have put a gate so we could get to our front door, the only thing stopping them was Gordon, boy can he argue in Turkish. 

So, would a fully licensed estate agent be liable for any false information?  what powers or safeguards if any would a license give?  Would I have been able to sue or take to task the agent for falsely selling by not giving the correct information and causing a problem?  I don't think so. 

A licence is just stating that the agent has been trained and certified to give bull****.

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2013, 08:25:59 AM »
When people live in shared areas like this or any other communal complex why is it that you always end up with an arsehole who refuses to accept the theory that it is shared and pay their fair share or not take advantage. It is not a difficult thing to understand if you buy on a complex you have to pay a shared maintenance etc yet you hear of so many cases where non payers get taken to court and the seem to always loose.
Especially in your case where you have looked after it for so long. To come in and rip stuff up and put fences in to divide the area up is just not on. It always causes animosity and leaves a bitter taste. Some people are just horrible to others and it seems like second nature to them.
I would want to get the angle grinder out and cut the fence down. (and rip his head off in the process).

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2013, 10:38:48 AM »

So, would a fully licensed estate agent be liable for any false information?  what powers or safeguards if any would a license give?  Would I have been able to sue or take to task the agent for falsely selling by not giving the correct information and causing a problem?  I don't think so. 

A licence is just stating that the agent has been trained and certified to give bull****.

We have been exactly here before. Evening classes that agents had to attend (not all, just a representative one from each agency, the rest of the staff/partners just carried on as normal). I think it was one evening a week for not too many weeks and at the end of it if you passed, you got a certificate and a card saying you were licensed. The tales I heard were that it was a room where you walked through the door and reverted to childhood, back to school days with joking, naughty behaviour and paper aeroplanes.

It was a lot of years ago now but I think I remember people only going once or twice but even so, at the end everyone must have passed because everyone got the certificate!

As you may by now have worked out, it changes literally nothing, and future incarnations of the same idea won't either. How could they stop the barman who is selling his "uncle's villa" privately to his "very good English friends" having bunged 15 grand on top for his afternoon's work on their behalf? Or the developer ludicrously overstretched and heading for bankruptcy? Or the agent that tells the buyer one price and then tells the seller the clients could only afford a figure 4k less than that, then pockets the difference?

Sadly the pitfalls (and tricks) work no matter what you learned in an evening class with your mates.

Will it stop agents telling customers whatever they want to hear to get a sale Loz? Of course not. While standing on new complexes with my customers, I overheard agents telling theirs all manner of things. If I had a pound just for every time I heard an agent saying "and that area there is park, it can never be built on", I reckon I'd have £183.50.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2013, 11:57:43 AM »
Apologies if this is not in the right section...
I have read on here re the unfortunate problems regarding Tapu etc of another member whose builder has possibly gone bankrupt and I have every sympathy with that member but I have a question to ask regarding that building company.
That said builder started at the beginning of this year to build two apartment blocks on a very small piece of land next to our complex...the building has been on and off all year and there is also a huge "swamp" of water in between the one started building and where the 2nd block was proposed to go, someone was meant to be coming to fill in the "swamp" as it is a magnet for mozzies and on one visit I had ten bites on just one leg...anyway no one has been to do the filling in and the building work has not resumed for some while... if this builder has gone bankrupt does anyone know what will become of the building they have done will it get demolished or will it just be left as the eyesore it is?
thanks in advance if anyone knows the answer to this....

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2013, 12:10:12 PM »
Gobsmacked Loz..ripped it up and gave it away :o????? What a fantastic holiday you must be having what with the tiles as well...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf