Author Topic: 7" Tablet pc  (Read 6431 times)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
7" Tablet pc
« on: July 08, 2012, 18:32:07 PM »
Can anyone help please, we are thinking of buying one of these tablets to take to Turkey with us but we are not too techy. We bought a Kindle to use for internet but the net is so small on it and one minute we can figure out how to get it the next we can't, we have decided to keep the kindle for books only.
With the tablets do you just switch it on and get the internet or do you have to have a wireless code?
Any help will be greatly appreciated as don't want to make another mistake again ??? many thanks in advance folks.

Offline Steve (redding43)

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: 7" Tablet pc
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 18:36:33 PM »
You have two options:

1. Wifi only tablet (you need to be connected to a wireless network to use the Internet)
2. Wifi and 3G tablet (as above for wifi but you can also pay for a sim card either pay as you go or monthly). If using in turkey it is probably cheaper to buy a sim there

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 18:45:21 PM »
I wouldn't be without mine. It is wifi when we were out last I used mine in bars etc to connect to their wifi. When we go out next i will use a dongle and buy the sim in Turkey PAYG.  And the bes is the tablet fits in my hand bag. Great gadget.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2012, 20:04:53 PM »
thanks for replies two more things please Loz is your's a 7" and if so do you find that is big enough for just checking my emails, facebook and cbf? and Steve would I have to buy a tablet with built in 3gb or do I get this through a dongle, also would the dongle be the same as the one you can get to plug into a laptop,sorry to be a thickie but dont want to make a mistake if we buy one. many thanks  :)

Offline Steve (redding43)

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2012, 20:09:44 PM »
I'm not sure you can plug a dongle into a tablet (probably can but not an option on my tablet). The alternative is that you can use the dongle to create a wifi network by adding a router to it that allows you then to connect (wirelessly) to your tablet (or a computer, laptop, phone etc), of course, only in the place that the router is installed though (your apartment/villa).

Offline patrice

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2012, 20:12:48 PM »
Thanks for all the infomation I was going to ask the same question as Karennina  :)

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2012, 20:19:42 PM »
I can use the mini usb/female convertor, will try to upload the photo, and the dongle will go into the female of the convertor, I have an unlocked 3g Dongle but also purchased Turkcel dongle (from Fethiye buy sell on Facebook) for which I will buy the sim, someone did mention that it was 49TL per month or 79TL PAYG, need to check out a bit more. 
I have the 7" tablet, I can't read the screens on the phones but this is ample for me to check emails, forum and surf the net, play games, plus loads more, even record my SKY program from Turkey. 
(I just love my gadgets)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2012, 20:47:38 PM »
many thanks i reckon we will buy one just to take out with us to the wifi cafes and do a little more research into the dongle part  :)

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2012, 20:59:34 PM »
why not have a look through this site  http://www.androidmall.co.uk/  Wifi for using bars etc and maybe a dongle  3g included ones just need the sim.  just for a pointer, see one that could interest you and then ask a question about it, this could make sure you buy the right one for you.

Offline starman

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2012, 09:22:49 AM »
Instead of getting a Dongle why not get whats called a Turkcell 3G multivinn wife. Its a device like a small pack of cards which receives the 3G signal then makes a wifi hot spot around it. So if you have it in your pocket or handbag you can still get online with just a wifi only tablet.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf