Author Topic: Beware of "Auto Renewal" on your virus protection.  (Read 4440 times)

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
Re: Beware of "Auto Renewal" on your virus protection.
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2014, 07:23:00 AM »
Norton 360 TM  Premier Edition Chris, had a look at  Multi 360 Device but it is missing a few things Premier has, so im quite happy/  :)

Offline chris35

• Newly Registered
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2014, 09:23:21 AM »
Sorry I couldn't save you any dosh on that one pal  :)

Offline rik

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2014, 13:28:46 PM »
Agree 100% with you Rik, nothing is completely safe, but if you are going to go with free or cheap security then you are more open to attacks, at the end of the day if its free. how do they make money? I have used Norton for the past 5 years, costs me £70.00 a year but in my opinion its the best ive had, had several attacks over the years but it picks them up and gets rid of them before any damage can be done.   :)
I've been involved with computers for over thirty years, when Norton was just Norton Utilities and a very good piece of software at the time, all DOS based. I'm not saying it's bad software now. Just very expensive, hard on computers and unnecessary for the average person. I am usually connected to the 'net one way or another for 12+ hours every day. In all those years I have only had two issues. The first one, many years ago was the Sasser virus, which also knocked out major companies world wide. more recently I had a malware problem, which I think someone using my computer had introduced.
Security Essentials, is installed on Windows 8 automatically and sits in the background. As far as the free part is concerned. I think a multi billion dollar company like Microsoft are only to happy to supply software to protect their operating system and users. In fact £70 would buy an OEM copy of Windows.
I still say, it's about taking care. Facebook, emails etc. are the biggest problem. Don't just click on anything without thinking first. If something pops up out of nowhere saying you have a problem. Almost certainly, you will if you click on it!!!
I see other post talking about dodgy emails. No matter what these emails say, such as "this has been checked by Stopes" or "your account will be closed if you don't click on this" ignore it. Open up a new page and Google it yourself. Usually you will find loads of info telling you to "delete" without clicking or opening anything. Never click on single links in emails. Inviting anything like this will bypass all protection, and create massive problems.
Bottom line is computers are essential and also good fun, and it's a shame there are people in this world out to spoil it. Luckily there are millions more making it better by the day.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf