Author Topic: Problems logging on to CBF  (Read 2047 times)

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Problems logging on to CBF
« on: April 01, 2014, 19:58:56 PM »
I logged out of CBF this afternoon not something I normally do and then I couldn't log back on on any of my devices.

I later managed to log back on my iPad and iPhone at the restaurant but now I'm back home I still can't log on from my lap top.

I get all sort of error messages tried changing my password which I thought I had done but then was able at the restaurant to log on with my original password.

Help please

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Problems logging on to CBF
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 20:35:42 PM »
I have managed to log in on my laptop using Firefox but still get this message when I try to log in with Chrome

An Error Has Occurred!
Sorry, but you've reached your login attempts threshold. Please wait 30 seconds and try again later.
Back

Is it because I am now using Zenmate perhaps?

I was a few weeks a go having a lot of problems using the forum using Chrome sticking all the time and timing out so used Firefox then as an alternative but in the last couple of weeks it has been fine, until today.

Offline Eric

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 20:54:11 PM »
It could be Zenmate.  I downloaded it the other day to access You Tube etc (Shhhhhhh) but it was causing probs when trying to get into other sites.  I found that if I turn it off I don't have a problem.  I also reset the location to the UK and that seemed to help with some sites but not all.  I only turn it on now to access banned sites.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2014, 23:04:16 PM »
Thanks Eric, tried that but now I get this

An Error Has Occurred!
Sorry, you are out of login chances. Please come back and try again later.

How much later I wonder!

Offline quackers

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2014, 05:49:16 AM »
Can you take your computer back to a prevıous date. Its under Control Panel, System Securıty, Fınd and fıx problems, restore your computer. It works for me when I have any problems. I take ıt back to a day before I had the problem. You wont lose any photos ,documents etc.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2014, 08:22:25 AM »
Thanks Quackers - all sorted. I did something like this once before and ended up in a worse pickle. I really only like technology when it works without issues and problems.

To get back in - in case it helps anyone else.

I signed out of Zenmate - restarted computer. This may or may not be significant but I did it anyway.

After trying and failing to log in this morning I was offered a suggestion to clear cookies which I did. I didn't get that message at all yesterday!

I am now back in and signed back into Zenmate.

I won't be signing out of CBF again just permanently logged in from now on.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf