Author Topic: Ink Cartridges  (Read 4906 times)

Offline Marggie

Ink Cartridges
« on: April 25, 2014, 12:32:22 PM »
Where is the best place in Fethiye to buy ink cartridges for an HP printer and can you have them refilled here?   Any info much appreciated.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Re: Ink Cartridges
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 12:55:51 PM »
We buy ours at the stationers opposite the polis station in. Fethiye, not particularly cheap but original, the refills we have found are below required standard and don't last long

Offline George Warner

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 17:21:59 PM »
The newer electronic stores sell them,just got one from Casper Computors on the Fethiye back street cost including a clean up due to the older cartridge drying out 50TL the cost of a cartridge at ElectroWorld is 49 TL.I'm  referring  to Black only 301 cartridge,been advised by many users not to use refills they have a tendency to leak,often meaning a replacement printer,

Offline Marggie

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2014, 17:25:46 PM »
Thanks for that Andy.  Bought a printer here in the winter, printed a couple of things and when I tried to print this time nothing happening unless I change the colour so think the black is empty or dried up.  Having said that not getting a message to say black is empty.

Offline Marggie

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2014, 17:27:54 PM »
Apologies for back to back. 49tl for a new cartridge!! the printer only cost 109 tl on offer at Kipa!!  Will bring some fro UK next time.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2014, 17:29:03 PM »
can you have them refilled here?

Many HP cartridges don't like being refilled.  The print head itself is only designed to work at 100% efficiency for as long as it takes for the ink to run out.  You might get through a couple of refills before the print quality seriously suffers and, as pointed out above, the risk of leaking increases.

JF

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2014, 18:06:47 PM »
What cartridge does it use Margery?  We have some spares  :)

Offline Marggie

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2014, 19:14:38 PM »
Andy, Marggie here (don't think I'm slippery)   :) ;D ; I believe it uses 650 Black and 650 colour although when googled it shows 480 black and 150 colour.

Offline rik

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2014, 23:36:26 PM »
Thanks for that Andy.  Bought a printer here in the winter, printed a couple of things and when I tried to print this time nothing happening unless I change the colour so think the black is empty or dried up.  Having said that not getting a message to say black is empty.
Unfortunately, printers like to be used. I think there's a very good chance that both cartridges have just dried up. A lot of people here only use printers occasionally. An ideal scenario is a group of people using one printer. HP printer cartridges are far more expensive than Epson as other posts have pointed out as they include the print head each time.
Personally I would only ever use Epson printers, as pattern cartridges are available in UK for very little. The new L range of Epson have refillable ink tanks attached. For some reason they seem available everywhere except UK. But that's another story.

Offline Marggie

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2014, 07:19:32 AM »
Thanks for the replies.  I'm sure you are right about them drying up.  Rather than bothering other people, thought it would be best to have a printer but from posts on here it looks as if the cartridges cost half the price of a new printer!

They are also expensive in the UK but cheaper than here so will bring some later in the year.  The guy in Cartridge world advised removing the cartridge and storing in a dark place when not in use.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf