Author Topic: Oben restaurant  (Read 3588 times)

Offline valleyboy

Oben restaurant
« on: July 07, 2010, 13:36:06 PM »
We don't eat in Calis a lot, and with all the restaurants available there and the recommendations from this site, find we are spoiled for choice, however when we do eat there (normally for lunch I may add), we get drawn back to this lovely little family run establishment and think it's worth a "plug".

It is located on the bend at the far end of the promenade by the Mimosa beach club, it is in a garden type setting, the service is friendly and efficient, as I said family run, Oben the owner, is a nice guy and "mama" does the cooking, great home made Turkish meals (also English type food if that's what you want) , the best menemen I have tasted in Turkey and "mama" makes the best home made chips around. Again we have only eaten there in the day and eat lighter lunch type meals, so we cannot vouch for the night time.

Also, controversially large Efes 3.5 YTL !!!!

Offline annic

Oben restaurant
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 00:07:37 AM »
I must agree with you Oben in a great place to eat. All the staff are so friendly and nothing is too much bother. Mama's cooking is delicious (and her chips are amazing). We've been going here for the past 4 years and the service has only got better.
Looking forward to the next time

Offline valleyboy

Oben restaurant
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 10:23:20 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by annic

I must agree with you Oben in a great place to eat. All the staff are so friendly and nothing is too much bother. Mama's cooking is delicious (and her chips are amazing). We've been going here for the past 4 years and the service has only got better.
Looking forward to the next time

Thanks for the back up I was starting to think we were the only people to eat there, glad you enjoy it there also Annic, oh those chips !!

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Oben restaurant
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 14:56:52 PM »
Isn't that where Guven used t 8)o work.? We loved having lunches there and sitting under the trees. Cheap as well.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 14:58:18 PM by mercury »

Offline dotty

Oben restaurant
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 20:31:08 PM »
we love it there too the chicken soup and the lamb chops yummy   and so cheap also such lovely people who always make you feel welcome brilliant .

Offline maria1949

Oben restaurant
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2010, 21:06:49 PM »
we arrived back home last week-end from 2 weeks in calis and broke the golden rule of not eating twice in one restaurant, we ate there 3 times, good food,nice area under the trees,nice staff and brill chips.Well worth a visit.

Offline CAROL BROWNE

Oben restaurant
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2010, 16:53:59 PM »
we went to obens it was good food & service
my friend wasn't feeling very well' asked if
he could have scrambled egg on toast. they said
that was fine'he said it was very good.i also
asked for veg instead of rice & salad. they
cooked me veg it was delicous

Offline gemthehawk

Oben restaurant
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2010, 07:33:00 AM »
Just got back from Calis and wholeheartedly agree about Oben, we returned again and again. Controversially we found better chips although they are excellent (they were No1 the the first week). We ate there our first night, the coldest Efes around, amazing service, food delicious and they even gave us free turkish coffee and a bunch of grapes off the vines after our meal for free. Little touches like that make all the difference!

Offline valleyboy

Oben restaurant
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2010, 12:16:59 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by gemthehawk

Just got back from Calis and wholeheartedly agree about Oben, we returned again and again. Controversially we found better chips although they are excellent (they were No1 the the first week). We ate there our first night, the coldest Efes around, amazing service, food delicious and they even gave us free turkish coffee and a bunch of grapes off the vines after our meal for free. Little touches like that make all the difference!

Agree with you 100%, I'm always dubious about recommending anywhere, the "you can't please all the people syndrome", but I'm really glad to see the positive feedback, the guy really deserves it for going the extra "mile" :)

Offline imperialwizard

Oben restaurant
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2010, 22:27:20 PM »
it  must be good,its been packed every night the past week here.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf