Author Topic: casa de mama  (Read 7658 times)

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
casa de mama
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2011, 23:13:50 PM »
Jacqui, As Bella and Casa are both ITALIAN restaurants in TURKEY, what is your criteria for judging them[?] Turkish Spaghetti Bolognese or what [?] ;)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 23:14:24 PM by kenkay »

Offline sunnyd

casa de mama
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2011, 08:39:12 AM »
They have the same menu too  ;)

Offline Bluwise

casa de mama
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2011, 09:13:02 AM »
If you don't like fish then "steak" in its many forms is often the preference and the quality of the meat and flavour of sauces a good measure of success for me.

We tried various casserole dishes (chopped steak?)  and Ottoman roll (rolled steak?) and lots of different kebab (chunks of steak?) dishes all cooked in a variety of different sauces with delicious flavours.  We even had chicken!!

I just can't see what the problem is - is it too british to enjoy good meat?  
Is it so much more cosmopolitan to only eat local fish or have I missed other meat based dishes that I could try that are acceptably non-brit?

Offline CharlotteC

Re: casa de mama
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2012, 18:54:40 PM »
I'll bring this topic back to life as my family and I had several lovely meals here. We sampled the enchiladas and fajitas from the Mexican menu and a couple of the pasta dishes from the Italian meals. We had a couple of nights where we stayed to watch the Olympics and they weren't trying to clear our table around us like we experienced in some of the other restaurants this year. The staff were friendly and if you asked for something they would rush off to get it for you straight away.
The only thing that frustrated me was when you order one of the Mexican meals you're asked how spicy you want it. It would be quicker and a lot simpler if there was a scale (1,2,3 or Mild, Spicy, Very Spicy) to use rather than explaining in lots of words. The waiter said to my sister "You tell me how you want it and we'll do" after she'd told him she didn't want it spicy! Probably a breakdown in communication but my sis thought he was getting angry at her when he maybe didn't understand.

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2012, 22:26:17 PM »
Dont usually write on restaurant reviews, but have to say, out of all of our meals out, the service here was the best.

Offline DianaJ

« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2012, 09:03:36 AM »
Have to agree we love this place always first & last night meal of hols, this year was back a couple of times in between as well !!!tried something different everytime all excellent - roll on October for another few nights there     ;)   

Offline Shamless2

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2012, 18:35:26 PM »
We had a fantastic meal there recently, steak cooked perfect.

Offline philrose

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2012, 07:00:36 AM »
Went there last night, still as good as ever, fantastic food and excelent service! Still the best restaurant on Calis front...

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2012, 11:28:43 AM »
Had our final lunch here yesterday and it was great! Had a couple of other meals and late night ' coffees ands...' and the service was always superb!

Offline makemwonder

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2012, 16:23:45 PM »
we always go to Casa da mamas the food is excellent only negative thing this year was the drink my daughter and I always drink Vodka coke but this year the drinks they brought to us were disgusting my daughter drank hers but I couldnt drink it, thinking they may have used Turkish cola my daughter went to the bar and asked but it was proper coke so she asked if they had any other brand of vodka and the barman got a bit nasty with her so we paid up and left, I think maybe he got the wrong end of the stick as he didnt listen long enough for her to explain.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf