Author Topic: Moussaka Restaurant  (Read 4084 times)

Offline tony jenkins

Moussaka Restaurant
« on: August 14, 2011, 16:22:21 PM »
Just back, last night (as always) found and enjoyed an evening meal at Moussaka Restaurant (next to Nil Bar).
As moussaka is a favourite with my wife she said we had to go there!
The moussaka was the 'best she ever had' and the swordfish was the 'best I ever had'.
A gem of a place fronted by a lovely girl with Papa and Mama running the kitchen.

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
Moussaka Restaurant
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 12:35:29 PM »
I ventured into the Moussaka last night. It's now "fronted" by "Tony" who has always been very pleasant when I've declined his offer to study the menu but having stopped there for a quick coffee in the week decided to give dinner a whirl.

2 x Efes which were icy cold, lovely warm home-made bread & a small selection of "Horses Douvres" which were "on the house" & included tsatziki, olives, spicy tomato chutney & both normal + garlic butter.

Starters were Garlic King prawns (4) which were pre shelled & Calamari which was served with a lovely "ornate" salad.

Mains was a Lamb Pot for 2 at 50tl which came with the usual rice, chips & salad + a bonus of fresh vegetables inc. red cabbage & runner beans, my fav! The Lamb was lovely & was in a nice rich sauce that had been cooked with more fresh vegetables!

I had a Sutlac for pudding & an Iced coffee, Julie just had another Efes lol. The Sutlac was ok, wasn't home-made which I knew before I ordered, shame I can't find a decent offering out here, yet!

Total bill was 110tl which I thought (considering the high quality of the food & service) was superb vfm.

Offline jcb denis lane

Moussaka Restaurant
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2011, 14:06:10 PM »
I will definately try this restaurant...sounds good

Offline pashka

• Sutton, Surrey, UK
Moussaka Restaurant
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2011, 20:33:48 PM »
Our favourite restaurant this year.

Offline ribeye100

Moussaka Restaurant
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2011, 21:31:17 PM »
I think this will be our next eating venue after the wifes birthday at the Kings garden on the 15th.... soooo looking forward to our time back at home!!!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 21:32:46 PM by ribeye100 »

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
Moussaka Restaurant
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 12:02:52 PM »
Well i thought i would give this Moussaka place a go last night the goods and bad's about it ,we were welcomed by very nice man i think he was the manager tony and the girl were not working ,we ordered a beer and bottle wine not very good wine list and quite pricey.
We didn't want starters mainly because we were up at 4 this morning going to airport ,while we were perusing the menu ,the guy said would you like home made bread and some dips on the house why not, as he walked away he said very quietly something i could not quite hear but i heard garlic prawns and calamari mentioned thinking he was trying push them ,when the bread came up so did prawns and calamari i said i didn't order these ,he  i said free bread when you order these he didn't but they were very good .extra 30 tl on bill
One fish fillet with mush sauce ordered he got rump steak with sliced mushrooms they did say he would change we let it go ,
lamb cutlets very good nice veg as mark said ,two moussakas
Well mark if your wife said that was the best Moussaka she has had take her somewhere else ,it was disgusting it was served in one of there sizzling dishes why i dont know all they do is over cook everything,
and draw all the fat so it floats on the top yuk.i would think 1 oz of cooked meat one layer very thinly sliced aubergines and some melted cheese 18tl, he knew we were not happy ,we had lge fruit bowl free plus a bowl nuts plus tea and coffee which we declined ,i will go back and next time i shall tell him how to make Moussaka :-\ 5/10
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 12:05:26 PM by lance »

Offline kizkucuk

Moussaka Restaurant
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2011, 17:25:27 PM »
Still not tempted............  will wait for some more reviews :-)

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
Moussaka Restaurant
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2011, 22:15:20 PM »
Lance: Didn't have Moussaka, we had a lamb hot pot to share!

Still the best meal in Calis since I arrived, Meeting Point was very close, Mozaic in Fethiye beat them both, as expected!

Offline philrose

Moussaka Restaurant
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2011, 07:50:43 AM »
Had the moussaka there in the summer thinking it would be good, It was the worst I've had swimming in oil and tasteless![xx(]

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Moussaka Restaurant
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2011, 08:40:43 AM »
In May, we parked around the back of the restaurants along the prom, meaning to go to Dennis the Menace's.  When we walked along this guy told us to come in.  I asked was this Dennis the Menace's?  "Yes, come in" he said.
It was not until we walking up the front and we sat down we realised we where in the Moussaka.  However, we stayed and had  meals.  Food was fine, no problems, but not world shattering, in fact, cannot remember what we had, but no complaints.  Have not been back since.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf