Author Topic: Frozen Chips  (Read 5341 times)

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Frozen Chips
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2011, 09:17:05 AM »
I'd like you to spare a thought for the staff who work very long hours in already extremely hot conditions.

It's hot enough just floating around in skimpy tops and t-shirts; imagine having to cook fresh made chips using boiling fat every five minutes in an environment not unlike a greenhouse, even with air con and fans.

We have chips on the children's menu which is our only concession to non Turkish food and much as I love the home made variety I would not add constantly boiling and smelly chip fat to our staff's working environment.

Offline kevnjulie

Frozen Chips
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2011, 15:49:58 PM »
... quite a few places had mash !! I certainly think ENYA and Soul Cafe did but it was after a couple of EFES so I may be wrong - the Jacket potato at soul cafe was terific. CAN't believe I'm dicussing the various methods of cooking a spud!!

Offline kevnjulie

Frozen Chips
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2011, 15:52:38 PM »
I can't say I want to sit in a restuarant and feel guilty about the conditions... that's the business they are in.

as the saying goes if it's too hot in the kitchen...

Offline serkul1mehmet

« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2011, 10:00:16 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by tony jenkins

quote:
Originally posted by serkul1mehmet

I often wake up to the smell of freshly cooked chips frying for breakfast when I am at my mother in law's. Then I have to patiently sit and wait for them to go cold before we can tuck in. I've got used to it now, and they are actually quite nice smothered in yoghurt. Odd, but nice.

Frozen or Fresh?

Fresh. Just smiling at the thought of my mother in law, I am quite sure she wouldn't have the first clue what to do with a bag of frozen chips lol. Any vegetable she eats comes straight from the garden.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Frozen Chips
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2011, 11:15:45 AM »
How to use "reply with quote"

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf