Author Topic: Fish market!  (Read 12421 times)

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Fish market!
« on: August 27, 2011, 22:49:59 PM »
I always recommend the fish market as a great experience and a must do when holidaying in Fethiye.

In the past few weeks and now twice in as many days I have received some rather disturbing feedback about customers being charged the service charge for each fish dish so one couple were billed 4 x 6TL instead of 2 x 6TL. As I understand it the service charge is not per course but once per person.

If you are an old hand at eating here then you know the system and how it works but for many people visiting here for the first time it isn't so obvious even to whether it's better to buy your own fish, or go with someone from your restaurant of choice to choose from and pay the fishmonger directly or to buy straight from the restaurant menu which is the most expensive way of doing it.

I have also been told more than once that the service has been borderline rude and at best cursory.

I am sure that the service is not bad in all of the restaurants and it is very busy in the evenings so they have my sympathy when trying to manage feeding large numbers of people as soon as possible - we can sometimes be an impatient lot!

I am becoming reluctant to recommend the fish market as an evening experience - daytime is definitely a better option I think as it is less busy then.

Has anyone on the forum had any recent experiences...
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 22:51:41 PM by nichola »

Offline Linda

Fish market!
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 23:43:12 PM »
Thanks for the heads up Nichola, it's very disapointing to hear this feedback! I, and many of my friends, choose Oztuklu, located just outside the actual fish market, in the vegetable/spice market. I can wholeheartedly vouch for this restaurant, which is family run. For some, sitting outside the actual fish market environment is better and for non fish lovers, they will do meat dishes and even curries as they are famous for their sauces. Please give this place a try and I'm sure you won't be disappointed ....

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Fish market!
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 06:37:37 AM »
We've always used the Oztoklu too. It's run by a great family who's philosophy is to make a small profit from lots of very satisfied customers.

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
Fish market!
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 07:14:18 AM »
I agree kkob beautiful food and lovely family. ;)

quote:
Originally posted by KKOB

We've always used the Oztoklu too. It's run by a great family who's philosophy is to make a small profit from lots of very satisfied customers.

Offline johntaylor49

Fish market!
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2011, 09:48:51 AM »
Oh dear,

eating at the fish market I so look forward to each year, I would be very upset if it deteriorated!

We usually at at Citur just inside the market, anyone been there recently and if so how was it??

Meldrew

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
Fish market!
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2011, 10:49:28 AM »
Talking of Ozoklu (our favourite place too) how is Rukiye and the twins doing?

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Fish market!
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2011, 10:54:30 AM »
They're all doing very well by all accounts. There are some pictures posted on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=705077458

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
Fish market!
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2011, 11:11:51 AM »
Cheers Alan

Hope to catch up with them when we come over next month.

Offline susuz.1

Fish market!
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2011, 11:17:34 AM »
I too can heartily recommend Oztoklu at the vegetable market.  I've eaten there at least 3 times, always had good food and they are a lovely family - looking forward to my next visit in September  8)

Offline milliemars

Fish market!
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2011, 11:45:50 AM »
My friends were charged a small fortune a month or so ago,being new to the fish market they did not know you could buy your own fish.Their bill for 4 people came to nearly 400tl garlic prawns to start 2 sea bass 2 salmon 2 half bottles of wine and 4 efes,total rip off and they also said the man was really agressive when they queried the bill.Will give Oztoklu a try sounds lovely.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf