Author Topic: bostans fish n chips or sunday lunch  (Read 4100 times)

Offline bagpus

bostans fish n chips or sunday lunch
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2012, 08:39:30 AM »
All I can do is apologise to the family concerned. The meal was definately late coming out as we already had nearly 40 food orders on the go in the space of half an hour. The problem was the order of fish and chips at the table as I would usually have done that, but was busy doing the quiz. Our new chef (just started 2 days earlier)and my husband managed everything else, but our chef burnt the fish twice in a panic with the oil too hot. My husband sent out a waiter to apologise for the wait and everyone (7 people) got a free round of drinks. The man concerned (I have confirmed with my husband) said if his fish didnt come soon he would cancel the order, and unfortunately the waiter not speaking 100% perfect English just understood he wanted to cancel the order. It was a genuine mistake, but should not have happened. That member of staff also tried to make light of the late order by cracking a joke which obviously was not the thing to do. He is no longer working for us. I do believe, however, that there were no other problems with the food and its servers apart from the lateness, and the rest of the family have said they will return to see us.
I understand the customer concerned was very angry, as he had every right to be. Apologies were made by staff and my husband several times, and also by myself later, drinks were given and any mistakes were genuine mistakes. We were slow due to 2 new staff and lack of staff, but anyone that has been to see us will know we have been advertising in the paper and on the door for all staff. Perhaps if anyone knows of anyone they can send them round, because obviously the sooner we get on top of the situation the better.  
I am mortified by what has happened, and I can only apologise again.

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2012, 09:05:53 AM »
Well, that is indeed a genuine apology if ever there was one. Well done Bagpus. I don't know of a chef who could cope with 40 orders in a space of half an hour. Lesson learnt no doubt.
I am looking forward to a visit to yuor new place in May. There will just be 2 of us so no pressure LOL.
:D

Offline Karabag

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2012, 09:07:56 AM »
After that humble apology if it was me who had had a problem, I would certainly go back and try again.  I commend you for accepting there was a problem and apologising, very professional. I wish you luck in the coming season.

Offline barry44544

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2012, 13:51:13 PM »
Pity the apology was'nt to me is'nt it.
There was more than one wrong order sent out to us, and more than an hour
between the first meal coming out to the last. It would have been nice to eat together.
They were not even difficult orders...
If you knew there was a problem, why not explain to me???
Then you gave everyone a drink, after I had left!!!
Now you have said I was an angry person.....We had children with us and
 I never raised my voice or was angry to anyone.
I am very angry now and feel Humiliated by your reply.
Thanks ... But no Thanks.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2012, 14:22:30 PM »
Barry I sympathise greatly - there is nothing like a disappointing meal. But they have tried to apologise, and it is your choice to accept or reject that, which you have chosen. Would you have any objection to me locking this now - points made, apologies made etc?

Offline barry44544

« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2012, 14:43:36 PM »
I've no objections to you locking this.. your right.... It's my choice.

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2012, 18:55:53 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Karabag

After that humble apology if it was me who had had a problem, I would certainly go back and try again.  I commend you for accepting there was a problem and apologising, very professional. I wish you luck in the coming season.

Just feel I have to just put my two pence in...

You've just used the word professional Karabag and I have never in my life seen people work so hard and want something to succeed as much as Carol and Recep. They have put everything into the new Bostans and have looked absolutely and totally exhausted.
They've had a stream of problems with the wrong furnishings turning up, incorrectly recovered chairs, paint problems, you name it they've had it go wrong. The bar still hasn't turned up and could have gone round the world several times by now!
Amidst all of this they have been so amazingly cheerful and professional, always a smile and a carry on regardless attitude, There must have been many tears behind the scenes I'm sure.
It must be devastating to then have things like this happen and read negative things.
I appreciate how annoying it must have been about the meal, but to be honest I'm not surprised they're short staffed, I have no idea how they would have had the time or energy to advertise and interview in their attempt to keep some business coming in and satisfy all those people desperate to come and visit
Recep was  in his pinny last night helping in the kitchen, you don't see many bosses doing that.
So many people popped in while they were tremendously busy getting the new place ready, doing most of the decorating themselves and they still had time for them giving the grand tour and accounts of disaster, while still laughing and smiling.
There was fantastic community support for them while getting the place ready, local residents helping to paint, cleaning, making curtains, that says to me that a lot of people genuinely care for these guys.

Carol  & Recep, you are never going to be able to get it right all of the time and please everyone all the time, but many of us know you'll have a damn good try.
Good luck with finding good staff, if we hear of anyone we will let you know.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2012, 19:25:07 PM »
With that I will lock this topic but please feel free to open a new topic about the fish & chips at Bostans. Nobody knows more than I how hard it is to do business in the internet age - forums build you up with 100 opinions and flatten you with one, but Barry has his opinion to give too. I applaud all the Carol & Receps of Fethiye who try to give perfect service and find their chef took a better offer this morning but didn't tell them, or the staff that were so pleased to get the job but not enough to actually turn up - trust me I have been there.

Barry's opinion stays - as is correct - as does the apology and explanation. I lock this only because I can only see it dragging on with no real new content and no positive benefit to anyone concerned, but never deleted, as is the CBF objective. I would hope that any friction can be resolved privately between them - I know that Carol is one for proving she can put it right just given the opportunity   :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf