Author Topic: Guitar bar (Gitarci)  (Read 11556 times)

Offline campervanbob

Re: Guitar bar (Gitarci)
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2012, 12:04:50 PM »
We discoverd the Guitar Bar last week and have to agree it is lovely. It has a decent menu and my wife can recommend the ommelet and I had a lovely Kebap.

The 4 ducklings have grown but never leave each others side, 3 white and one grey.

Makes a change to find a Turkish place like this away from the frankly horrible bars on the strip, didn't venture into them as neither of us have tattoos

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2012, 12:22:59 PM »
Ouch Campervanbob.  Glad you enjoyed Gitarci and it is great, but not all bars on "the strip" deserve your cynicism IMHO.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2012, 12:33:01 PM »
How do you have such a strong opinion on them when you state you didn't even go in any of them!!!

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2012, 13:48:49 PM »
Is it my imagination or are folk a little tetchy ? Just reading a few topics and there are more than a few where members are being a little 'short' with one another! If we were in a bar I'd sense it was about to 'kick off!'

Anyway on this topic i'm really pleased too about this bar and this little area. It has been derelict for ages but years ago it was home to the very first soup kitchen and popular with the lads from the bars at the end of the night. It seemed to die a death so its great to see its re-emergence.

Offline campervanbob

« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2012, 16:35:18 PM »
Sorry to offend but it was our 2nd visit to Calis and the first, last September, was lovely and everyone was so nice but this time (we came back on Monday) the people staying in Calis seemed a little "Chavvier" ... Is this normal? Do the types of people change from month to month?

Also seemed that far more people were Smoking and many more with Tattoos. Seemed to be catering for the Full English Breakfast rather than traditional Turkish Foods ... dare I say going down market?

Or am I just a Snob?

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2012, 19:24:24 PM »
Sorry to offend but it was our 2nd visit to Calis and the first, last September, was lovely and everyone was so nice but this time (we came back on Monday) the people staying in Calis seemed a little "Chavvier" ... Is this normal? Do the types of people change from month to month?

Also seemed that far more people were Smoking and many more with Tattoos. Seemed to be catering for the Full English Breakfast rather than traditional Turkish Foods ... dare I say going down market?

Or am I just a Snob?

Smoking - Tattoos - full english........how dreadfully awful, think I'll cancel !!!  ;)

Offline Stan

« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2012, 21:18:56 PM »
Hope they weren't drinking that nasty Efes as well ,terrible   ;) Can't wait till June !

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2012, 21:35:45 PM »
I do understand the feeling campervanbob shared - although I do think it was recklessly generalistic. You will not find the "real Turkey" in Calis - maybe a taste of the welcoming, friendly laid back nature of the country but there are Turkish people arriving in Calis to work who have never seen anything like it. I don't associate smoking and tattoos with "down market" and I do/have neither myself. Nor do I consider a full English breakfast on holiday as a sign of "chavvy" behaviour. Now that is something I do - I'll have my croissants in France and cheese and ham in Holland but on holiday I don't want (although I love) a Turkish breakfast every morning for a fortnight - I'm on holiday!!!

I met some of the best people ever in that area between the dolphin roundabout and the bridge and to me whether they smoked or had a tattoo is a ridiculous way to judge people - you will miss out on meeting some wonderful characters if you choose to exclude people based on those two things.

I think Calis is unique in that it caters for everyone - and I am happy to have egg & chips at Frank Cannon's one night and spend a fortune at the fish market the next - that is one of the things the place has going for it most - it can accommodate all tastes and all budgets with ease. I just wish, after five years of living there that people can get away from this habit of "drive-by" opinions of folk.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2012, 01:28:52 AM »
Hope they weren't drinking that nasty Efes as well ,terrible   ;) Can't wait till June !

I'm glad you agree that Efes is pretty nasty...  even the Efes reps agree it's a pretty horrible brew!

JF

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2012, 01:33:52 AM »
I am happy to have egg & chips at Frank Cannon's one night and spend a fortune at the fish market the next
Hmmm... maybe that's saying something - the first is in Caliş, the second in Fethiye.

JF

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf