Author Topic: Kirkpinar Khavalti  (Read 4750 times)

Offline biker1

Kirkpinar Khavalti
« on: September 01, 2012, 17:28:54 PM »
Going to try Kirkpinar for breakfast tomorrow - from previous posts I know it is pass Nif on the Denizli Road - can anyone give me more detailed directions to find it - thanks

Offline Pompeylil

Re: Kirkpinar Khavalti
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 19:14:19 PM »
Hi drive past Uzumlu, drive past the turning to Nif, stay on the road, drive up and up and up - do not deviate from the main road!
The road then hits some roadworks and the road comes to an end - you take a sharp right hand turn and follow a track into a village.
Kirk Pinar is sign posted from the RH turn.  Follow the road around a couple of twists and turns and then the restaurant appears.
The road is really really steep.  We took our own car up there in August and hubby thought the car had developed engine problems as it really struggled the last few yards.  It was only when we got out of the car that you could appreciate how high up we were.
Enjoy your breakfast.

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
Kirkpinar Khavalti
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 20:13:57 PM »
Or go to Kargi, so much better, was really quite disappointed with Kirk Pinars breakfast

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2012, 21:53:35 PM »
As a matter of interest, has anyone been to Kirkpinar this year?  I was there last year a couple of times and thought it wasn't quite as good as it used to be.  Just wondered if there had been any more change this year (for the better or worse).

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
Kirkpinar Khavalti
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2012, 21:59:24 PM »
We went a few weeks ago and were disappointed, limited selection and no atmosphere.
Expected something quite special after all the reviews last year.

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2012, 22:19:58 PM »
We issed to love the greeting we used to get and the service was friendly and welcoming, selection amazing and always left there stuffed and happy.  But the last few times we went we didn't see the older couple and the young waiters were just going through the motions, doing their job.  Such a shame.  Anyone who knew the place as it was, would notice its not the same place now, unless someone has realised and has made some (more recent) changes for the better.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2012, 22:31:27 PM »
Perhaps another great secret we ruined :(

Offline biker1

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2012, 08:54:26 AM »
Thanks for the great directions.  Setting off soon so hopefully we won't now miss it!

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2012, 10:36:39 AM »
I really do hope you enjoy it (I might give it another try).  The views on the way there way there (and back) are stunning too.

Offline ovacik2

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2012, 12:11:40 PM »
Perhaps another great secret we ruined :(

Always a large Turkish cliantele when we have been there over the years, but from the end of last year and the two times this year we have been, they seem to have taken their eye of the ball so to speak. Not sure the Brits can take the credit for this slight demise. Still worth it even if its just for the drive, and fnding a different way home.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf