Author Topic: Hilmi Restaurant fish market Fethiye  (Read 8329 times)

Offline Linda

Re: Hilmi Restaurant fish market Fethiye
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2013, 22:06:19 PM »
Oztuklu every time for me .... truly family run and they care about their customers and reputation. So many of my friends go there, genuinely good reviews on Tripadviser too  8)

Offline susuz.1

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2013, 23:48:42 PM »
Oztuklu for me too, would not eat anywhere else in the Fish Market.  Family run, food superbly cooked and never ripped off with the prices for the orders from the menu or the fresh fish orders O0

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
Hilmi Restaurant fish market Fethiye
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2013, 07:00:39 AM »
Oztuklu for me too, their calamari in sauce is just delicious. Lovely family too.

Offline Lotty

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2013, 09:41:13 AM »
Nicola how did you settle on Cem and Can? We did because from the first visit we were blown away by the delicious food and the fact that they were all so friendly. Our drinks are on the table before we even sit down! Over time we really feel it's like one of our favourite places and have a sort of loyalty to them. I wonder though have you tried any others there? Everyone raves about the one in the fruit and veg market, Ozuklu (spell?) it's quite tempting yet we'd hate to be spotted !!

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2013, 10:54:54 AM »
Lotty I have eaten at many of the restaurants in the fish market some of them quite recently and found all bar one to be very good. When Doğan and I go together we always go to Cem Can which we discovered years ago partly from loyalty like you but I like the fact they serve the extra plate of rocket (my favourite) as well as the salad and they serve fresh home made bread unlike most of the others who serve the daily bread.

I also like their mezes in particular their smoked aubergine and seaweed mezes and the octopus and olive meze is simply delicious. The service is good and of course we know the staff there quite well now.

When I go with friends I get the chance to try other places although always a bit conscious about being spotted!!!

Recep's and the one on the left hand corner just before you enter the vegetable market are both good.

There is just one place I'm not keen on as I found the mezes selection limited and not available to view being made only to order and what we had was tasteless and I didn't like my main fish meal and I was served tap water which is a sin of the highest order in my book instead of bottled water which I noticed immediately upon drinking it.

But I do love the atmosphere of the fish market and considering it is a bit pricey there are always lots of Turkish people eating there.

We have also visited Girida (the fisherman's cooperative on the opposite side of the road just up from Shaka) twice now and just have a selection of fish and other mezes - no fish main meal because as has been reported on another topic is expensive at 70TL per kilo for sea bream for example and have really enjoyed our meals there.

We did ask the price of all the mezes which range from about 5-18TL the first time we went in fear of being taken advantage of but they seemed fairly reasonable.

The service at Girida is excellent too so it may be worth considering trying there if you fancy a change without being spotted   ;)

Offline Stan

« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2013, 11:09:53 AM »
I sometimes fancy a Pizza (not) but daren't go in case Nichola sees us !  ;)

Offline Lotty

« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2013, 11:14:38 AM »
Thank you Nicola your sentiments are ours exactly. I forgot to mention that I love their acili esme so much, it's really hot and fiery. I told them that at home I try to replicate it and before I knew it Sonay (head waiter) had arranged for me to have a lesson in the kitchen the following morning! I think we will stick with what we know is great and let curiosity kill the cat! Thanks for recommending Girida we have fancied trying there too it has been recommended a few times on here too. Wish you were open in Feb,

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2013, 11:21:14 AM »
I think it's one of the rules of a number of places in Calis/Fethiye - we tend to choose one place from the range available and stick with it. In doing that we get better service over time perhaps - like I would get better service at Receps than you but you would get better service at Cem & Can than I would. The worry of being spotted too - I think Recep would break my arms if he saw me in one of the others  ;)

The Calis Sunday market is similar too - I go to without doubt the best chicken doner place out of all of them. I've never been to any of the others even once, I don't need to - "ours" is quite obviously the best, why else would we always go there :D

Offline Lotty

« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2013, 12:16:07 PM »
We LOVE the gozleme place at both the Sunday and Tuesday markets, the one with the very bright flowery chair covers! They do come to know you and there's always that loyalty thing on both sides. This guy has a cafe too, it's on the bend on the right hand side up the road opposite the tax office. We've not tried it, I love people watching in the markets far too much!

Offline wickwilly

« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2013, 17:04:47 PM »
We normally eat in Oztuklu in the warmer months but at the moment its a bit chilly so hence trying Hilmi. You live and learn. Just have to wait until it gets comfortable to eat outside!!
WW

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf