Author Topic: Not any restaurant in particular  (Read 6968 times)

Offline scorcher

Re: Not any restaurant in particular
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2013, 15:00:40 PM »
Why do people always pick on the Scots ?

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
Not any restaurant in particular
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2013, 15:44:41 PM »
Wish they wee more like you Steve A, a bit of respect. And yes KKOB, women are getting just as  bad.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2013, 17:00:08 PM »
Agree Toky, in Calis market last Sunday couple in swimwear and I noted a few Turkish women looking at them. Then in Fethiye this week guy walking around in just swimming trunks  A couple of years ago we did see a waiter in Calis asking a man to go and put on a shirt. This was at about 8.00pm. 
Even in the hotest weather we Brits do not walk around towns in swimwear, so why do it abroad?

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2013, 07:55:32 AM »
It seems we Brits are the first to demand "respect" from those living in our country to respect our way of life, values etc and yet are unable to offer the same respect when in someone else's country....

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2013, 08:53:08 AM »
It seems we Brits are the first to demand "respect" from those living in our country to respect our way of life, values etc and yet are unable to offer the same respect when in someone else's country....

I take your point but not all Brits are the same! It's mostly the chav element who walk about bare chested. We see them in the UK as well. As soon as the sun comes out their tops come off so that they can display their wonderful boddies through the centre of town.

Most of them have no self respect so what's the chance of them respecting others?

Offline Lotty

« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2013, 15:22:58 PM »
Well we saw a topless chap strolling along the street today, it's so disrespectful. I must say though, that a few years ago a German woman was having lunch in a restaurant in the Canaries and I swear she was naked! It's just that her flesh 'layers' had spread over the bikini bottom and God knows where the bikini top was, we could only see the straps! Put me off my lunch!

Offline angela

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2013, 15:37:44 PM »
Erg!! thanks for that  Lotty, I'm glad I've eaten. The funny thing is you look round you and see people wearing the most ridiculous inappropriate clothes, and you just know they wouldn't walk down their own High Street in that get up, so why bother. I do think it's more prevalent in Hisaronu, which makes for great people watching, but please.... don't!

Offline angela

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2013, 15:42:01 PM »
"Iam a large tatooed British male who likes a beer or ten and I eat out every night when we are in Calis/Fethiye and most days.I wear shorts often but do not take off my top on the prom,in the main streets etc and would never dream of doing it in a bar or restaurant because despite appearances Iam a gentleman and have some manners.Likewise there are certain locations that I tell Mrs A to cover chest,shoulders etc and she would never dream of getting on dolmus or sitting in a bar/restaurant in her bikini top"

Steve A You sound just like my hubby, (same figure!!) I am horrified if he leaves his shirt buttons undone, never mind takes it off, thank goodness for decent people

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2013, 17:58:02 PM »
Saw a British guy in Paspatur today. Grey hair in his fifties good tan.  Was wearing swimming trunks flip flops and a strap at the top of his arm which held his phone.   No idea where he was keeping his wallet? But think he had decided to walk around and do a bit of posing.  However maybe he was looking for the beach?

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2013, 18:27:28 PM »

Was this him Jacqui?  If so, we've found where he keeps his wallet  ;D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf