Author Topic: Guitar bar square ??  (Read 3635 times)

Offline chris35

• Newly Registered
Guitar bar square ??
« on: November 02, 2013, 11:48:50 AM »
Had never strayed into this area before due some negative comments on here regarding expensive drinks prices. Well just to say we had a wonderful evening here last week. Although it was late in the season, the square was packed and we were treated to some good live entertainment. The prices were no more expensive than anywhere else, and staff were readily giving out warm blankets for people who couldn't get close enough to the barrel fires that were littered about the place. All in all a great experience shared by a mix of Turkish, Brits and other nationalitys. Will definitely pay another visit next time, and strongly recommend you do the same.  ;)  ;)

Offline johnboy1967

Re: Guitar bar square ??
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 13:41:36 PM »
Chris35, since you have been i heard they had closed down the bar and left the Ducks there to fend for themselves and last year they were chucking a kitten to some dogs to chase... This is why I won't go there .. 

« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 23:21:20 PM by johnboy1967 »

Offline chris35

• Newly Registered
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2013, 14:02:04 PM »
That is absolutely shocking, hope someone has managed to save the ducks and put them in the duck pond in fethiye with the others. Does anybody know about this??

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2013, 14:44:03 PM »
Which duck pond in Fethiye?  Not the Duck Pond restaurant?  :o
If someone can catch them, they would be better off down in the river,  at least they would be able to find food and have the choice of wandering around in the reeds.   :). Put a few strange ducks in a small territorial pond and they will be pecked to shreds.  Just like the baby duck that was thrown in a while ago.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 15:02:50 PM by Jacqui Harvey »

Offline Lotty

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2013, 15:13:37 PM »
No, I think he means the one in Calis at the back of the restaurants. Near the jewellery menders. We wandered in there a few times after we'd eaten in Calis this year and enjoyed it. It's live music and they have ducks in the pond (more like a small enclosed pool) and there are rabbits in a big cage. Maybe the other shops/ businesses there will be looking after them? I never saw any nasty treatment, I'm sure someone would step in if they witnessed any. I would hope so anyway! :-\ >:(

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2013, 15:35:43 PM »
Lotty, Chris is talking about this place, the Guitar Bar and johnboy is saying it's closed now and the ducks are on there own.  So Chris is suggesting they go into Fethiye, probably means the Duck Pond in Paspatur.
This would not be a good idea as I believe the ducks there are also left to theiri own devices and also, as their wings are clipped they cannot get out of the pond.   Any ducks trapped around restaurants should be removed to a river so they can try and survive the winter, duck are good at scavaging and finding food for themselves, they will also find shelter.   :)

Offline chris35

• Newly Registered
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2013, 16:19:08 PM »
Good idea Jaqui, perhaps the people at Animal Aid could help out here.

Offline Lotty

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2013, 16:32:29 PM »
Sorry Jacqui I misread that. Yes I agree I hope someone can help these poor creatures. Awful to think they're just abandoned. :(

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2013, 19:19:58 PM »
I was shocked to read about the happenings at the Guitar Bar, we spent many happy evenings there, with some reservations about the ducks and the baby rabbits running around, the people there were very nice, had their own very spoilt pets, I feel it hard to believe they closed the bar and left the ducks to fend for themselves.  A real eye-opener!

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2013, 21:02:28 PM »
i have enjoyed sitting sipping a glass of wine here and find it lovely
maybe if they have only just, closed they will be back for the ducks

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf