Author Topic: the sat reataurant  (Read 10065 times)

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
Re: the sat reataurant
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2014, 17:04:12 PM »
Ah Yes Cavfan, but 14 of you, just think of the company and view if all else was Crap, as Stoop said.!!!  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)

Offline philrose

« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2014, 06:48:20 AM »
We went there last Saturday.  Fab  location, prices were expensive, meal was OK,  service left a lot to be desired.  Maybe the staff were new and untrained,  but we won't be going back there in a hurry.ok

Funny that. I thought pretty much the same in 2006 and didn't go back in a hurry. Or indeed ever again :D
Strangely enough we did the same  ;)
Overpriced rubbish and no the view doesn't make it worth it.

Offline KIP

• Newly Registered
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2014, 12:19:51 PM »
We went last month - I was really looking forward to it as we hadn't had a chance to go last year and had been told by our friend who has a place out there that it was her favourite restaurant. So with high expectations.

Dreadful (and I mean dreadful) service. Would have been willing to make some small allowances as we were a party of 14 but it was just awful. They clearly forgot my main course as it arrived when everyone else had almost finished. We waited for ages for drinks and they didn't serve one of the bottles of champagne which had been pre-ordered.

There were only a couple of other tables occupied so being too busy was not a viable excuse...

The food was just about adequate but no more.

The bill was the highest we paid all week.

You will perhaps have noticed I'm not a fan - though admittedly we missed out on the view. It was pouring with rain so we were inside and no chance to enjoy it.

I seriously doubt I will go back on my next visit.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2014, 14:30:49 PM »
Been once - too expensive for what you get - view or no view.

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2014, 15:25:55 PM »
The first time we went the meal was nice, and the service was just about ok, the second time, ordered the same meal, nothing like the first, and the service was awful, kept on having to ask for things which they had forgot,and the waiter was a proper sad sack, won't be going this year, :P

Offline mac2010

« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2014, 09:00:13 AM »
Its a shame they can not get their act together,location and styling fantastic,beach club great, sunday buffet breakfast to die for,but when it comes to running a restaurant and providing food and service at the prices they charge disturbingly bad ,yet year after year it stays open.  :-\

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2014, 09:37:39 AM »
Gave up on this place years ago. Enjoyed one meal, then went back with our daughter, she ordered a veggie meal and was given meat.  We gave them another chance and took our daughter in law.  She ordered chicken, cut into it and it was raw and blood ran out of it.  We never went back, once is a mistake, twice is goodbye.
There are plenty of other places with lovely settings.

Offline jo b

• Chandler's Ford, UK
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2014, 13:56:12 PM »
We haven't been in the evening for some years ( when we had a nice meal- not fab but nice none the less) but we always come for the day and throughly enjoy a day at the beach club...

It's not the cheapest but I love the location and very much appreciate the ever present breeze. I always the the Thyme Chicken salad and a very decent G&T(which actually has some gin in it- a rareity!) and throughly enjoy both my Lucy and the whole day....

We are actually here today I am posting from my sunbed and we no complaints. We were at the lagoon in Olu Deniz yesterday and there is no comparison in my opinion the Sat everytime.

I have to say there is some pollen or similar about at the moment that has set my allergies off big time- that our pool and garden in Ovacjk are impossible at the moment so we will be spending a few more days here...

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2014, 22:21:03 PM »
sorry to interupt the topic, but what is that crystal ball thing flashing for saying "you are a winner".

Offline WendyA

« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2014, 00:46:24 AM »
Went with friends last year and put up with the silly drink prices to have a lovely view at lunchtime. However my meal was only ordinary and the 2 guys just had omelettes. Neither ate anything else the same that day, yet both felt ill in the evening and next day! It was a Sunday and their breakfast buffet was still sitting out looking very sorry for itself, too. That would be my concern about going back, which is why I didn't when I was over for 5 weeks recently!

I echo what others have said - what a shame they can't take advantage of their view - it can't be difficult to get something decent up and running!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf