Author Topic: Calis Beach Indian  (Read 6039 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: Calis Beach Indian
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2014, 13:41:06 PM »
How can they justify such inflated prices, but then if people are prepared to pay them.......

Wagyu - is that the "cheaper" version of Kobe type beef?

The most successful Hotel and Restaurant in Aberdeen always fully booked and a beautiful place in it's own grounds.  Always popular with celebrities.  Pictures all over the walls of famous people shaking hands with the owner.  It is a lovely old country house in it's own grounds, full of antiques.  Now the sad part.  The owner is retiring and has sold the place.  It will be totally demolished and a big office block built and all the staff will be out of jobs on 29th November.   This is progress ???   

Offline sadler

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2014, 16:08:44 PM »
And this has to do with the Calis Beach Indian because...................?

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2014, 17:26:29 PM »
And sadler became a moderator on----------------?

Offline sadler

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2014, 18:19:43 PM »
Having been picked up by the illustrious lady previously for going slightly off post Kevin3 I have taken the opportunity to get one back. And again, how has a post which was praising an Indian Restaurant in Calis have anything at all to do with an obviously exclusive establishment in Aberdeen which sells steaks at an exorbitant price?   :)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2014, 20:10:14 PM »
I think the nice thing about this Forum (and unlike others I have been a member for a long time) is that threads often go off course.  I suppose it's like reviewing a restaurant and then going to ask if members where there that night and then telling everyone the Manager of said restaurant loves you..  Going off track yes, but who cares?? It's what has made this lovely Forum successful for 11 years.   ;) ;D
I hope other members can forgive me for this terrible error but this week has been a special one for me and I have a lot on my mind.  :-*

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2014, 20:22:16 PM »
I saw one of those old five pound notes the other day

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2014, 20:25:03 PM »
Was it a white one.  If it was they are worth around £250.00 now  :D  ;)

Offline Christie

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2014, 08:29:33 AM »
We went to the CB Indian last night (our third visit this September) and thoroughly enjoyed yet another night there.  The quality and flavour of the food is excellent - Hulke treated us to a taster of the Butter Chicken was  yummy.  Will definitely visit again before we go back.

Unfortunately for them, apparently a party of 30 or more had made a booking for last night, and the tables had all been arranged to accommodate them (and probably people had been turned away as they would now be full) and none of the party turned up.  Such a shame, but to be honest they still had a good night and managed to fill almost every table some more than once.   

Offline Steve A

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2014, 09:18:59 AM »
The food is great,service spot on .Hulki and Ahmet are two of the nicest guys I have met in Calis

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2014, 10:26:57 AM »
I remember one of these guys was at Bombay Corner a few years back - I asked him to change my G&T because the tonic was flat......he picked up my glass, took the biggest drink from it and said, "Yes, it is."  :D  He fetched a fresh drink and a new bottle of tonic which was also flat.  Needless to say, he had to test that one too.  We had a great laugh with him.  Lovely fellah.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf