Author Topic: rediscovering liver  (Read 10639 times)

Offline Steve A

Re: rediscovering liver
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2015, 18:42:39 PM »
Yes Marina Sardunya,thin sliced raw onions ,parsley and sumac all tossed together with the hot liver,mmm

Offline Steve (redding43)

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2015, 19:10:17 PM »
Mmmmmmmm. Liver, onion, mash, gravy and peas/beans. This is without doubt one of my favourites, probably made more so by the fact that nobody in my family will eat it so it is saved for when a meal for one evening comes along.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2015, 20:20:43 PM »

Chicken livers slow fried in olive oil with onions and peppers. Lovely.

Offline Mr Toky

• Newly Registered
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2015, 23:01:39 PM »
Liver has always been one of my favourites and can honestly say i have never been disappointed when having it in Calis. In fact believe it is better than at home. Cod liver oil was always given to us every day at primary school from a small from a small plastic glass.Primary school also had the regular visit and head checks from the nit nurse.One thing i couldn't eat or bear the smell of when cooking was tripe which my father loved with onions

Offline marina

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2015, 23:10:48 PM »
Tripe -  yuck!! Hate the stuff 

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2015, 23:20:40 PM »
Loved Sardunya's liver and raw onions too, it was a favourite restaurant of ours and gone too soon.

Ceyhun was the owner, I can't recall a head waiter looking like Joe Cocker though  :)

Offline susuz.1

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2015, 03:16:47 AM »
I too love the liver in Turkey.  I really enjoy the Liver Kebab in Mozaik Bache in Fethiye and also the Liver and Onions main dish in the new Secret Garden Restaurant near Calis Sunday Market  8)

Offline Dennis Vint

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2015, 10:07:56 AM »
Tripe -  yuck!! Hate the stuff 
Hi marina..............each to their own I suppose.  I wouldn't expect a Yorkshire person to appreciate a gourmet delicacy like tripe!  Along with kidney, liver, heart, brawn, cowheel, pig's feet, ox tongue, oxtail and black puddings, we Lancastrians were brought up "proper" with the finer things of life!  Maybe we could start a CBF "War of the Roses" again? Apologies for drifting off topic.   ;D  ;D  ;D  : :)

Offline marina

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2015, 12:54:42 PM »
Dennis,  I've been told all my life I should like tripe and all the others. Liver and kidneys, love them but not the others! 

As for a war of the roses, split loyalties I'm afraid - dad born in Yorkshire, mum born in Lancashire!  Though being born in God's own county myself I would lean towards the white rose,   ;)

Offline Dennis Vint

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2015, 14:35:31 PM »

As for a war of the roses, split loyalties I'm afraid - dad born in Yorkshire, mum born in Lancashire!  Though being born in God's own county myself I would lean towards the white rose,    ;)

I respect the split loyalties situation, marina.  I was speaking a "load of tripe" anyway!  Cheers!    :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf