Author Topic: Nufus Regulations??  (Read 2076 times)

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
Nufus Regulations??
« on: October 02, 2010, 09:48:10 AM »
Seen this on TLF - is this something we should all be doing if we have a property or is it restricted to residents?

http://www.turkishliving.com/forums/dalaman-forum/41749-nufus-regulations.html

Ian  :)

Offline Dizzy Jan

Nufus Regulations??
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2010, 10:57:32 AM »
Ian I don't know the answer to your question as to whether it applies to all people, but have hit this one myself yesterday.
Went to do my residency only took an hour and half as we started very early in the morning and no one about.
Took all paperwork plus the new required plastic folder!!!!!!! to the customs police only to be told yok. :o Need your Yabanci Kimilik Number which I had, as I had use the government site to get it.
Yok he said must be registered at the Nufus Office so I can get yet another piece of paper to put in my nice new folder. So back we traised to the Nufus Office.:( Your address not on our system they said have to go back to Ciftlik to speak to them.
So I did and hey they entered it on the system but I can't go back until Monday because the system updates over night.
So instead of taking an hour and half it will take two days.
My gripe is not that though, if they change the system then lets us know and we will comply we want to be within the law but they have to find a way of letting us know. This is stupid they have us running all over the place when if we had known then we would have complied.
So please be warned you need to do this for your residency and I would suggest you do it first in case you are not on there system and you have to chase it up.
You also need a plastic folder of a certain type so when you collect your form ask which folder they require otherwise you will be hoofing back into fethiye to buy one.
My husband did hes at the beginning of September none of this was required so things have changed again.
Love those moving goalpost makes life so exciting.:D

Offline Ian

• Prolific Member
Nufus Regulations??
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2010, 11:20:56 AM »
Jan - we don't have residency - spending blocks of just under 3 minths here but think we may still have to register our names / details and property?

Where is the Nufus office - is it the low building next to Carrefor / New Migros in town on the right?

Many thanks - Ian

Offline Dizzy Jan

Nufus Regulations??
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2010, 16:45:19 PM »
Hi Ian Not the building attached to Migros but the one next door with the unkept garden. Go in the door and walk straight to the end of the corridor its the last office on your right. You need to get your number from the government site http://tckimlik.nvi.gov.tr/Web/ForeignQueryIdentityNumber.aspx. If you dont have residency you fill in the right side its 1. surname 2. first name 3. father name 4. mother name 5. year of birth 6. male or female. In the top box you put the number you see on the shaded area. Hope this helps you.

Offline Chinook

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2010, 14:37:48 PM »
Ian

Why having a tourist visa do you think that you have to register or is owning property the driver ? If someone could point me to an explanation of the Nufus Regulations I would be grateful and it may stop me asking silly questions.

Offline Ian

• Prolific Member
Nufus Regulations??
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2010, 16:42:21 PM »
Chinook - like you I think it will be to do with "living" full time in the town as Nufus means population but when I see fines of 500 lira then I always like to check - hoping someone on here will know  :)

Offline Chinook

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2010, 17:28:17 PM »
Ian - yes I was aware of the literal meaning and wondered whether owning property and paying Council taxes was the relevance. When we first came to Turkey many years ago we used to have to report our presence to the Muhtar but this has fallen by the wayside in recent years and wondered whether this regulation had taken over.

Offline Julesp

Nufus Regulations??
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2010, 17:33:43 PM »
Im also fairly sure this only applies to people living here as citizens that is Turks or people with resident permits etc. I think its similar to Uk Electoral register, without the right to vote!
Its so that the powers that be know where to find us and how many people are living here.
 After registering at Nufus, where they ask for a utility bill or suchlike as proof of address, you also have to visit your Muhtar and give him the bit of paper that Nufus gives you with your address on.

Offline Chinook

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2010, 18:00:03 PM »
Thanks for the clarification but in the past we had to report to the Muhtar even when just visiting; this was in the days before we were a municipality. I was told that it was so that the Authorities would have a true record of the village population in the event of a disaster.

Offline BM06

Nufus Regulations??
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2010, 18:11:18 PM »
Perhaps one of our Turkish members can shed some light on this? but I think Nufus is the population count for a particular area, its always on the road signs, ie Fethiye 20 Km Nufus 20,0000? I know to vote you have to go to your home town unless you are in the army etc, which also incurs a fine if you do not vote.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf