Author Topic: Electricity and water  (Read 1361 times)

Offline MrsT

Electricity and water
« on: May 12, 2011, 21:00:01 PM »
I have an apartment in a small complex of 4.
I bought last summer and have not yet put the electricity and water in my name. Can someone please tell me how much this should cost?
Also we have a management company which will remain nameless for now (watch this space though!) and we have paid them for the past 6 months and also up front for the next 6 months but we have now discovered that our communal electricity has been cut off because the communal meter has not been put in anybodies name and has not been paid. I am assuming that it should be put in their name as they are supposed to pay the bill.Surely if they are to pay then it needs to be in their name not one of the owners as they are suggesting. I would really appreciate some advice on this as I just do not know what is usually done in these circumstances.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Electricity and water
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 21:12:22 PM »
No they are correct. The communal electricity has to be in one of the owners names. They then pay the bill on your behalf. Anyone can pay a bill for you. I would never recommend that you pay upfront especially if this company is new to you. We pay after every three months. When we first started the agreement was every month just in case.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 21:20:18 PM by mercury »

Offline MrsT

Electricity and water
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 22:31:25 PM »
thanks for the reply. It is very difficult to know what is the done thing. It looks as though they may not be trying to rip us off after all, though the jury is still out on that one!

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
Electricity and water
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 23:19:21 PM »
Our communal water and electricity is paid by our complex manager from the agreed annual maintenance revenue that we pay him.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Electricity and water
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 13:04:27 PM »
Whose name are the bills in Ken?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf