Author Topic: Sitesi laws Regarding Pets  (Read 1440 times)

Offline joan

Sitesi laws Regarding Pets
« on: November 26, 2011, 06:51:29 AM »
Does anyone know the sitesi law regarding dogs.I have a copy of the sitesi laws but its only the management side i dont have a copy of owners rights.When we bought our house we were told all dogs must be kept on the patio or in the house but dont know if this has changed. .We now have a turkish neighbour who rents, she has two dogs which are left ro run around the site allday  barking constantly and dog muck everywhere.We have approached this woman and shown her all the dog muck ect and asked her if she can keep the dogs in but the situation hasnt changed.We would like to know what the law is before we approach the site manager.Any help appreciated.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2011, 11:48:11 AM »
Our house is on a sitesi and I have no idea what the rules are regarding pets. We never seem to have any that are let loose on the grounds though and our Turkish neighbour, who had a dog, always kept it under control and cleaned up it's mess.

If there is no improvement from the lady - after politley asking her to sort it out - I would be inclined to get photgraphic evidence of the dog doing it's worst and then scoop it up and leave it on the lady's veranda. If she complains then just show her the pictures! Unless there is someone from the environmental health you can complain to. Maybe Tinx will know the answer to that?

With so many reports of dogs being poisoned in local areas I find it very distressing that owners can let their animals loose to annoy others and become a health hazzard for children.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 11:49:02 AM by stoop »

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, 13:07:16 PM »
According to the strict letter of Condominium Act, animals are not allowed full stop. However, as we already had a number of pet owners on the sitesi, when we wrote our management contract (a "personalised" version of the Condo Act), we had that amended so that domestic animals were OK, provided their owners kept them under control. So it really depends what is in your contract, always supposing you have one!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf