Author Topic: Can you give me your opinion on good or bad laundry results please  (Read 1358 times)

Offline slartibartfast

We start each season with a decent set of white linen and towls and at the end of the season there are a number of sheets / pillowcases / towels with (mostly) yellowish stains on them and / or black marks.   We have to chuck these and replace them.

It's thought the yellow stains are related to some sun-tan creams (PH20 etc ?) and guests either putting the sun-cream on in bed , or not washing it off before they go to bed.   The black marks may be make-up.

I have no doubt the company who do our laundry try their hardest to get the laundry clean.  We have tried Vanish etc on the stained sheets with no joy.

We have also spoken to other owners who don't seem to have this problem so I am trying to figure out if it's only us who are being effected by this ..... and if so why (and which laundry which covers Ovacik) gets the best results !

So who is getting really good laundry results and which laundry / management company do they use, and who is getting not so good results ?

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Re: Can you give me your opinion on good or bad laundry results please
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2012, 08:37:00 AM »
We tried Mutlu's at Deliktas once but it was a complete wash-out.  : :)

Offline hillside

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2012, 09:09:27 AM »
Try putting lemon juice on the stains and putting the items out in the sun. It works on rust so is worth a try.....

Offline jrichards1

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2012, 10:44:39 AM »
All our swimwear turns yellow from the chemicals in the pool, in fact ruins a few every year. I left a wet swimsuit on top of white towels and it left a yellow stain. Tried every thing, cant shift it. If your guests are sitting on the bed in wet cossies, then leave it to dry, that may explain the yellow stains.

The black marks maybe waterproof makeup or henna tattoos, cant shift the tattoos, but fairy liquid rubbed on makeup seems to work sometimes.

Im not a lot of help I know, but it might suggest why the laundry service cant remove it.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf